May 12, 17 / Gem 20, 01 04:21 UTC

Identity  

I believe the main focus of philosophy for those of Asgardia should be to rethink our concept of identity. Why do I need to belong to groups?  Why do I need to "identity"? Why do I need to be win, despite of what winning may entail?  I do believe our archaic concept of identity is in fact to blame for most tragedies and most day to day hardships for humanity. If we can refine this understanding of what it is, what it means to be, then we can succeed. It'll take a liaison between psychology and philosophy more than likely, but, with enough minds, we may shed our archaic mental constructs and advance into an age where something like Asgardia can succeed and be a beacon. Without this, I do believe it will be doomed with the rest of humanity.

May 12, 17 / Gem 20, 01 04:37 UTC

This need for approval or justification we all seem to thirst for must be relinquished. My atoms do not touch each other, there is more space between them than there are atoms. Other than maybe distances there is no difference in the space between the atoms that make up the air and the atoms that make up you or I or the wall next to me. In that regard is existence not all one? If I am one and there is space between my and and space between the my atoms and the atoms of the atmosphere around me, the same atmosphere you enjoy, and there is space between your atoms as well and space between your atoms and aforementioned atmosphere,  then regardless of distance are WE not simply one? Different parts of the same aggregate? Imagine beings made of denser water living in water, what separates them? Water and space, which is exactly what they are made of, water and space. What separates one air molecule from another in our atmosphere? You cannot separate one from the whole, you can think about it, you can convince yourself of it, but in the end you can't do it. Hopefully others agree with the purpose of this discussion even if not with my actual points and we can strive to a better understanding.

May 12, 17 / Gem 20, 01 11:54 UTC

Ahem.

*breaks into song, singing Nickelback*

"If Everyone Cared"

From underneath the trees, we watch the sky
Confusing stars for satellites
I never dreamed that you'd be mine
But here we are, we're here tonight

Singing Amen, I, I'm alive
Singing Amen, I, I'm alive

[Chorus:]
If everyone cared and nobody cried