Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 06:00 UTC

A Nation Truly Without Borders...  

Asgardia would be the first Nation to ever be organized and exist solely (even if temporarily) via the Internet. Not only a Space Nation, but a Digital Space Nation. Thoughts?

Jan 26, 17 / Aqu 26, 01 21:26 UTC

Technically that's what we are, and more than likely will remain this way for a while...

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 23:37 UTC

This question may raise some eyebrows; however, I believe it is one we must ask. When we say, "Asgardia is a nation without borders", are we pertaining only to borders on planet Earth, and/or borders within our human understanding of existence in our universal plane? I ask this question because humanity have experienced, (within the highest echelons of military, aerospace and aeronautical professionals, and intelligence communities), on an international level, contact with other intelligent nonhuman beings not of our universe or planet as we know it.

If Asgardia is truly to be a nation "without" borders", then Asgardia will also welcome those peoples of other universes, planets without prejudice, and/or discrimination. 

One of my main concerns is that we may be forming a nation who views outsiders from other planets or dimensions as a threat simply because they are different. So far there is no clear evidence that these other beings and/or peoples have demonstrated any threat to humanity. There are vast cases of contact with military from nations around our world. They rarely have attacked; but rather have retreated in most cases, when attacked.

Feb 18, 17 / Pis 21, 01 19:02 UTC

A nation without borders is not a nation at all, with all due respect.

Feb 20, 17 / Pis 23, 01 19:57 UTC

The phrase "A Nation without Borders" is naught more than a catchphrase; something to get a conversation started and has no real meaning on its own.

I believe the intent is to describe people working together without the limitations of geo-politics, geography, and perhaps (eventually) language.

Mar 27, 17 / Tau 02, 01 20:05 UTC

Eesti (Estonia) is starting to allow residency without residence of Eesti. They call it e-residency.

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 11:44 UTC

As a strong believer in the Asgardian nation, I would like to run for parliament to insure that the constitutional section outlining the right to ones individualism through freedom of speech is upheld in all decision making processes. I believe in protecting these rights and protecting the constitution on this matter. However I also have some constitutional concerns with the power that the leader processes. To dismiss elected parliamentary representatives based on self interpretation of the constitution may cause issues, and thus as a candidate I advocate de-centralisation of governmental powers to all individuals. Whilst standing for a strong administrative government that does not infringe upon individual liberty's. So that our liberty a beautiful value from the past may be carried into this next and exciting age. 

Vote 1: MJ Rutherford, Vigilance Party!

Jan 14, 18 / Aqu 14, 02 19:38 UTC

If a nation has no boarders then why the need of a passport? Further more that would mean that there are no other nations because if you  cross the us boarder you have left asgardia. As I'm sure the United States doesn't view itself as a territory of asgardia