Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 20:53 UTC

HUGE Immigration-Related Issue  

Alright, so Asgardia is a space-faring nation, correct? Well, I've noticed a slight oversight that could cause huge issues later on.

At some point in Asgardia's history, we will most definitely run into beings that resemble human beings but are not actually "human" beings. I'm talking of course about extraterrestrial intelligence, or "ETI". Whether or not grey martians, Arcturians, Pleiaidians and other beings actually do exist or not is something we should leave to the Ministry of Science to discover. What we should not leave to them, however, is what Asgardia ought to do with non-human, sentient ETI we encounter who want to join our nation.

I have a few questions in this regard.

1. Are sentient "non-human" ETI eligible for Asgardian citizenship?

2. If so, how do we then accomodate ETI who might need a certain climate of living (e.g. extreme heat, extreme cold, living underground)?

3. How do we achieve and maintain peace between ETI and humans? Most people might feel threatened or afraid of non-human entities, and some Asgardians who are more religious might believe they're a "demon" or something like that. What do we do about that?

Dec 30, 16 / Cap 29, 00 02:54 UTC

Seeing that I already live with non human sentience, and have been around it my whole life, I can't see why I or anyone else would have an issue with having non human co-citizens from space if and when and all that jazz....

Peace!

Last edited by:  Jack Lee (Asgardian)  on Dec 30, 16 / Cap 29, 00 02:54 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Spelling

Jan 22, 17 / Aqu 22, 01 20:02 UTC

Space is very big. Going ten times the speed of light, it would take you most of a year to go to Proxima Centauri and back from the Earth. Any aliens that entered the solar system would either be a scientific expedition or a generation colony ship. In the former, citizenship would probably not be desired by the aliens and could be considered on a case by case basis. In the latter, their own ship would be better suited for space habitation than on Asgardia.

This issue does not affect Asgardia any more or less than it does any other nation. It is most prudent to wait until there are aliens here to decide how they are to be regarded legally, as otherwise we are simply making guesses about unknowns.