Do you want an official ID card?

Total number of votes: 203

97.5% Yes

2.5% No

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 01:53 UTC

National Identification  

Wondering about the creation of a national ID Card. I see a few reasons that this would be a good idea.

1. It would give people something physical to hold onto. I've see a lot of people asking for something real passports, ID'S, ect.(even of its of no real meaning, other than a piece of plastic)

2. I'm sure someone around here is familiar with ID technology and could design them so that if we ever reach nation status, in our lifetimes, they will be valid.

3. Probably the most important here, Revenue. National infrastructure is paid for (at least where I live) by taxes and fee's. If a lot of people are willing to pay a little for something, it generates a lot of cash. Revenue that can be used to pay lawyers, buy land and build infrastructure here on earth. That could one day help propel asgardians to space.

What are your thoughts on ID'S

WE ARE ASGARDIA,

Mat

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 16:03 UTC

I voted yes. It's important to hold an ID as it's a form of recognition of a person as a citizen or a PR of a nation.

With the ID, we can apply for passport and if technology permits we can also implement credit system on our ID card. It enable us to purchase and store credit in point form for the sole use of trade, purchasing and commerce.

Overall, having an ID has multiple role and purposes, in-addition to representing who we are and helps up to further our goal in the building of this young nation.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 18:19 UTC

I say yes. I have worked at a few places that use ID cards for work. Both in entering and signing in. If you look at the chip technology for debit cards and such. It would not be to hard to make ID cards that work as your payment card and access as well.

There is a lot of benefits depending on how you look at it. Even the justice ministry would have its parts in this as well. You see in space making crimes are more dangerous, sometimes it could be life threatening to others around.

It would be for safety and benefit.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 21:02 UTC

I have an idea about a prototype of ID Card (can change in the futur). But, I was thinking about it when a wild question appeared. What information or type of information is important for the Identification of asgardian citizens ? Lastname, firstname ? Age ? Date of Birth ? Place of residence ? Langage spoke ?

What do you think is important on an "internationnal" Id card ?

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 22:39 UTC

Yes, because my home country is a crazy place with crazy rules. I want to be free, so I need an official Asgardian ID card / passport.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 07:08 UTC

"Yes, because my home country is a crazy place with crazy rules. I want to be free, so I need an official Asgardian ID card / passport."

Love it! Hahaha.

Having something material makes you feel its more real, so at the end having an official Asgardian ID might help. By the way, I have been working with NFC tech, and creating a simple ID card would be really easy, as for LenReko asked, I think having Lastname, First name, Mid Name and date of birth and ID number would be ok (don't think is a good idea to have other information in it, the rest should be private and therefore just stored in a save data base if we think its appropriate.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 15:53 UTC

I voted yes. Like others have said, it just feels that much more real when you have something tangible, something you can hold onto.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 18:45 UTC

Of course, Yes.

An ID card is the most important thing, It resembles who you are and where you are from. It's something that makes you feel proud.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 02:20 UTC

My vote, YES

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 06:25 UTC

An I.D. Card is completely necessary. In the U.S. for example, forms of identification are required for everything from getting a phone to driving a vehicle. If we are to be a nation that is not limited by borders then an I.D. that shows the host nation that we are Asgardian Nationals would be a requisite. To list a few examples from the top of my head I would say positive identification of Asgardians involved in fatal accidents, crossing country borders, obtaining a drivers license in host countries, doctors visits, educational enrollment. The list goes on and on. I just don't think that that idea that we could do without them is really an option unless we had mandatory sub-dermal implants for identification. The ID would be simplistic as one of the other posters said. Picture, Full Name, Date of Birth, Height, Weight, Country, residing address, medical conditions (for quick identification by medical technicians) and an I.D. unique number (differing from the number issued by Asgardia) that symbolizes our "Social Security Number". Another option for an ID that would give access to another branch of use would be encoding the ID's with CAC permissions. This way we could access secure Asgardian sites anywhere in the world with the use of the card and a PIN. CAC technology allows access to everything from restricted websites to doors and can be encoded to hold information pertinent and accessible to only those who require it (I.E. a security clearance or a ministry title/role). The door access would come into play in places such as Asgardian Embassys and other governmental facilities.

What do you all think?

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 23:32 UTC

Totally yes.

I believe it has to lead the following guidelines:

• Shape and size as standard as possible.
  • Contain the following at least:

-> Name.
       -> Picture.
       -> Birth date. I believe the best is based on the date we get out of the womb, but we can check based on lunar calendar as some Asian countries.
       -> Country of Birth. In the case we managed to born in space, then Asgardia has to be the country of birth.
       -> Blood type. Although this is very sensitive information, if by any chance we are involved in an accident, this information can save our lives.
       -> Date of expiry. Picture-wise, I think the best should be between 5 to 10 years validity.
       -> Security measures: Any technological advancement that can proof it is genuine, and maybe one which may contain biometrical information about us. This is probably the biggest challenge as for many parties are involved.

• Resistant materials from environmental hazards.

Similar to the information found in a traditional passport, but in ID form. It will fit most wallets.

So far, this is what I can add to my reply. Feel free to use and add.

Jorge Del Solar.

Last edited by:  Jorge Arturo Del Solar Robles (Asgardian)  on Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 23:34 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 14:15 UTC

My vote is also YES,we want an ID/passport. A material thing that can carry with me, gives me a feeling about the nation where I live and remind me that I have to responsible about my actions on there. So, of course we need an ID to tell that we are Asgardians!

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 22:30 UTC

well i have done a example of the card (together with a example of T-Shirt)

http://imgur.com/a/TuuUh

well since i have a lot of spare time and i as having some ideas i have done this example, well tell me if you all like

Jan 3, 17 / Aqu 03, 01 23:17 UTC

I find the ID only necessary until we are one nation on this planet.

Jan 11, 17 / Aqu 11, 01 16:57 UTC

yes we should have an id card i vote YES