Should we ask for build an crypto currency for the asgardia? 1000 votes to petition

Total number of votes: 7

85.7% YES

14.3% NO

Jul 3, 17 / Leo 16, 01 20:34 UTC

Idea for the solar cryptocurrency  

We need to raise at least 1000 petitioners to ask to the asgardian how and when the SOLAR will be researched or launched. Meanwhile we could join some asgardian to study the cost to raise an cryptocoin for trade. Here the how-to

https://www.ethereum.org/token

Jul 4, 17 / Leo 17, 01 01:48 UTC

So, what's the concept of this cryptocurrency?

Jul 15, 17 / Vir 00, 01 22:25 UTC

I personally dislike ETHEReum and any financial models based on auto-destructive or auto-regressive Monetary supply algorithms. It creates artificial scarcity of abundant resources. For example, BOINC does not deducts boinc credits for every update of boinc project status. 

Furthermore, i also dislike putting design time fixed upper limits on the monetary supply. It is acceptable to have meaningful limitations on the release timetable of the monetary supply, preferably dependent on the technological or resource limitations at the time but to have either a planned cease of production of new financial instruments or a planned destruction of available financial instruments without adequately replenishing them with new financial instruments is always going to lead to a reduction in the trust of the value of such financial instruments and in effect raise doubts regarding the abilities of the leadership to formulate and enforce the effective monetary policies. 

Auto-regressive Monetary Policies are fundamentally flawed, no-matter how attractive they might seem in less mature financial scenarios. Issues of Hyper-Inflation need to be resolved at the economic level by having a balanced economy.

Jul 28, 17 / Vir 13, 01 23:07 UTC

But Asgardia could still use these financial vehicles to raise money. 

Feb 26, 18 / Ari 01, 02 09:24 UTC

More on cryptocurrency

http://net-informations.com/q/mis/crypto.html

Feb 26, 18 / Ari 01, 02 11:53 UTC

Asgardia is working on a cryptocurrency as far as I know. I'm not sure how it will work, or if "mining" will be allowed, but other than that, it seems like a cool idea, especially if Asgardia is going to be space and technology based. If mining is going to be allowed, I would jump on the bandwagon as soon as it is announced. Just like bitcoin, if it takes off, you could have 50 bitcoins when it starts, and then save the money and sell the coins (probably worth a penny at the time of mining) for hundreds, thousands, or tens of thousands. Just a thought. :P

- Grant Matthys

Jun 23, 19 / Leo 06, 03 10:41 UTC

I don't know that this is the official CC from Asgardia since it says SOLAR in the constitution.