Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 07:51 UTC

Asgardia , NGO Asgardia, Civic Asgardia ?  

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place,  I have not been able to post here due to being away a lot with no computer.  

I would like for someone in administration to please clear something up for me please.

am I correct in my definitions of Asgardia , NGO Asgardia, Civic Asgardia.

asgardia

is the general over all name for the kingdom including the citizens and government

NGO Asgardia

is the business side of asgardia in charge of getting business interested in funding the projects and the state

civic asgardia

is the public volunteers that run all the media outlets and forums and are in charge of running the community divisions?

also why am I always being told the captcha is wrong first time round

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 14:27 UTC

Hi Buck!

You pretty much have it nailed down. However Civic Asgardia doesn't run all of the media outlets. The official Asgardia.space twitter account and some of the official press releases are not managed by Civic Asgardia.

And the captcha times out if you go above a certain amount of time in composing your post. I get it all the time, so I just hit 'preview' first which refreshes it.

Kind regards,

Rebekah Berg
Head of Community Affairs
NGO Asgardia

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 21:39 UTC

Hi Rebekah,

Can you tell me how to vote against the constitution being ratified? I think as a founding document it is extremely sub-optimal!

Just some BIG problems, as I noted in a different thread:

The constitution says all Asgardians are equal, yet it also says the first 100.000 citizens are preferential citizens

The constitutions say members of government must put companies owned by them into a blind trust... nowhere does it say the head of nation must, indeed on his bio page he lists his company

Asgardians are not allowed to make or spread material that is judged improper?! (by who we do not know) this sounds like the "deviant art" banned by the nazis!

There are arbitary age limits for elected office and a stipulation that office holders must hold a degree, how is this equality?

The head of government has far too much power, seriously, read the constitution as it is written people. As an Asgardian I reject the constitution as it is written.

As a final point, while I appreciate that Asgardians can not be discriminated against, I think it would be a good idea to include that we may not be discrimnated on the grounds of sexuality.

Thanks,

Tom

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 23:01 UTC

Hi Tom,

If you do not agree with the constitution in its current form, you simply abstain from voting.

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 00:37 UTC

Yeah, people seem to be doing that a lot, abstaining, I mean.

Sort of why the votes on the Constitution have stalled, and why they have extended the voting (of course, people didn't vote because they were unable to due to the technical problems) indefinitely.

LDE

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 02:37 UTC

Thank you  Rebekah

Tom and Phicksur what on gods green earth does this question have to do with the constitution?  There are hundreds of other posts that you have made to spread this anti establishment rubbish go post there.  stop trying to turn absolutely every post in about the constitution if you don't like the thing and your not prepared to change it in the way that has been set forward then please either shut up or push off.  

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 07:24 UTC

Hi Rebekah,

Can you tell me how to vote against the constitution being ratified? I think as a founding document it is extremely sub-optimal!

Just some BIG problems, as I noted in a different thread:

The constitution says all Asgardians are equal, yet it also says the first 100.000 citizens are preferential citizens

The constitutions say members of government must put companies owned by them into a blind trust... nowhere does it say the head of nation must, indeed on his bio page he lists his company

Asgardians are not allowed to make or spread material that is judged improper?! (by who we do not know) this sounds like the "deviant art" banned by the nazis!

There are arbitary age limits for elected office and a stipulation that office holders must hold a degree, how is this equality?

The head of government has far too much power, seriously, read the constitution as it is written people. As an Asgardian I reject the constitution as it is written.

As a final point, while I appreciate that Asgardians can not be discriminated against, I think it would be a good idea to include that we may not be discrimnated on the grounds of sexuality.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom,

I can truly appreciate your enthusiasm for wanting change and understanding why the current terms are spelled out as they are... However, I have to say that the topic of this post regards to the media outlets of Asgardia. As you maybe aware, there are several topics on the Constitution found in this forum: https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/constitution-132

Your post does seem to be getting a little side tracked from this,  it would be very much appreciated if we could confine our discussions to the topic of the opening post.
Thank you everyone for your cooperation and understanding in this.

Last edited by:  Richie Bartlett (Asgardian)  on Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 07:25 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jun 21, 17 / Leo 04, 01 07:40 UTC

Oh WOW you did miss that chance to stick in there did you 

moderators can you please lock this post Rebekah kindly answered my post and now its being hijacked to promote THIS

Lock or delete please I don't mind just don't let it turn into another staging ground   there are already 46 open posts that this guy and his private army or "fans" have hijacked to promote there own agenda please I don't want mine to be one too