Jun 21, 01 / Jun 10, 17 15:21 UTC

blockchain voting for citizens to validate policy proposals  

Whilst I recognise the need for lead representatives and organisations to develop policy and move forward why not be more progressive and use technology at our disposal to make this a true democracy- one citizen one vote and no arcane policy to interfere. Democracy OS have developed some great platforms being used in a few places on earth (including Buenos Aires governance) and ethereum based blockchain would provide an option to start. Or are we going to continue the current model of electing a privileged decision making class using age old processes?

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 19:23 UTC

As long as digital currency has some restriction built in i.e. To prevent unlimited quantitative easing - then that combined with blockchain and smart contracts is an excellent way to deliver more direct democracy. But we should direct the vote towards actual legal changes and I would go far as to say even each amendment may require individual voting to ensure backdoors and loopholes are not intergrated to undermine the principle law and its original intention.

Asg 2, 01 / Jun 19, 17 20:31 UTC

Yes, using smart contracts/bc is excellent idea but do we have any people here capable to make it happen? Not the Civic.IT please!