Jun 10, 17 / Can 21, 01 15:21 UTC

blockchain voting for citizens to validate policy proposals  

Whilst I recognise the need for lead representatives and organisations to develop policy and move forward why not be more progressive and use technology at our disposal to make this a true democracy- one citizen one vote and no arcane policy to interfere. Democracy OS have developed some great platforms being used in a few places on earth (including Buenos Aires governance) and ethereum based blockchain would provide an option to start. Or are we going to continue the current model of electing a privileged decision making class using age old processes?

Jun 19, 17 / Leo 02, 01 19:23 UTC

As long as digital currency has some restriction built in i.e. To prevent unlimited quantitative easing - then that combined with blockchain and smart contracts is an excellent way to deliver more direct democracy. But we should direct the vote towards actual legal changes and I would go far as to say even each amendment may require individual voting to ensure backdoors and loopholes are not intergrated to undermine the principle law and its original intention.