Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 17:00 UTC

Voting for enrolled Leadership candidates  

I saw a lot of profiles and it is hard to vote some one like this. Nothing seems clear.

I would like to suggest to build a portal where citizens who wants to enroll themselves should answer a set of questions based on the position they are applying for. There will be no markings or anything like pass n fail. The questions and and the candidate's answer should be visible in their application profile. Based on that other citizens can at least get a rough idea. The questions should be analytical and problem solving approach type related to the position they are applying for.

After all we need to vote not because we are impressed by their profile but because we have confidence in them.

*This is just a thought.

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 18:31 UTC

I support this idea as well.  Perhaps not for the Debutant level but for the higher levels.  Not just a set of 'policy' type questions.  But also, the questions could include philosophical questions and questions without answers.

Jun 24, 17 / Leo 07, 01 22:04 UTC

I agree. The responsability charges must be filled with people who have a strong ethical (not Justice) sense. The certificates don't speak about how are these people.

Jun 25, 17 / Leo 08, 01 00:14 UTC

Hi all,

Just wanted to make you aware that a letter was sent out recently to candidate leaders about the leadership levels and the requirements for them. You can see a copy of the text HERE. Also a FAQ on the leadership positions and what they entail and cover will be released soon for public information.

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg
Head of Community Affairs
NGO Asgardia

Jun 25, 17 / Leo 08, 01 08:40 UTC

Hi Rebekah

I have read that file. For Trendsetter and Ambassador CV is required, but what about Debutant and Strategist. I understand that CV cannot throw light on the required skills that is why I suggested to go with a set of question to which there are no specific answers. A behavioural and analytical set of questions to which answers depends on the thought process. 

Jul 1, 17 / Leo 14, 01 08:48 UTC

This is precisely what I tried to avoid; this is a popularity contest. Asgardia will wind up as broken as the rest of the world Government; filled with people who think they can lead because they know how to make people like them, or use social media to gain likes. See my thread here about why this will never work; https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/policy-and-scope-88/topic/democratic-process-and-voting-systems-1311/