Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 23:48 UTC

Any Official Asgardian Projects?  

I was just wondering if there were any officially endorsed Asgardian projects to jump in. I am employed as a Software Engineer and it's something I consider myself decent at. I am most proficient with the .NET framework (C# specifically) but am willing to pick up another language (or even multiple languages) if it means I can contribute.

Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 23:53 UTC

I think currently there is only the radio project (I don't know if it has a full IT side) and the asgardian website and forum.
I may be wrong but I read the most posts of the Facebook groups of Engineering and IT and there were just ideas floating around no real starts nor progress.

Last edited by:  Florian Hemmann (Asgardian)  on Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 23:54 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 04:42 UTC

The website and forum also don't need extra members at the moment. I already tried joining :P

Dec 24, 16 / Cap 23, 00 08:16 UTC

I have a sketch of the asgardia space station but I want to go further by posting it and work with the head of the program to making it a real place for people and the future. Any by that can please call this number 929-305-9795 or Email at quintanamiguel1995@gmail.com. Thank you and marry Christmas

Jul 8, 17 / Leo 21, 01 15:51 UTC

I believe Asgardia Space Platform is already in the design phase as I have read the FAQ on this site and it says should be up and running in a decade, with human flights to it starting in 8 years. I don't think the average Asgardian citizen is going to be much involved in the design and construction of the Space Station. Ideas are floating around but nothing is being said by the Founder and or the current leadership of Asgardia on this subject. 

Engineers and technicians should get together to bounce ideas off one another, software can be created to do certain functions but without leadership, any project stated by an Asgardian citizen at this time will be a waste of time. Its best to continue to learning all programming/engineering and sciences behind a Space Station and Space in general. Bounce Ideas off one another and see where it all leads us. 

I've been an Engineer for 15 years now working in Aerospace and projects of this scope will take a very long time, money and people to conduct.

Jul 20, 17 / Vir 05, 01 04:41 UTC

Without leveraging existing infrastructure, going through a spacecraft project, from definition, requirements, design, IAT, validation to operation takes decades. The spacecraft (whatever that is) itself consists of both ground- (TC/TM, land, boat, a lot of humans) and space-segments (battery solar panels fuel-oxidizer PCDU OBSW life support transponder etc etc). Say you can buy all these sensors actuators, and don't have to manufacture all the hardware by yourself, there's more than that. To verify the system works correctly you'd need to run simulations, adjust your controller and tune parameters. From pure software simulation to hardware in the loop. Then you need to build these software/hardware tools and testbed from the ground up, and of course a huge infrastructure to lock down design and test result at each phase to make it reusable for the next project. You'd need to write up the procedure of how to operate, and train both your ground-based and space-based staff.

I doubt there are enough people within this group who are able to do this, even if we assume some of the economies are willing to invest capitals into this and expect no return.

Jul 20, 17 / Vir 05, 01 14:40 UTC

@dchneric Again if you read the FAQ page, you will see that it says they plan on having a space platform in 10 years and humans going to it within 8 years. This tells me a lot actually. 

1. Dr. Igor has been planning this for decades 

2. Dr. Igor is probably using the Russian Space Agency and contractors to design, build and test the platform. The Documentation is huge and many millions of pages long I bet. or Dr. Igor has his own Aerospace Firm that is doing the work. 

3. The People of Asgardia will not be doing any of the work on the design, building and testing and launching of the space platform

4. He had the satellite built for around $300,0000 USD and is going to launch it sometime later this year (the Fall I think), that tells me he has a lot more money to spend on his project. Why do you think he made himself head of Nation or King if you will.

Oct 30, 17 / Oph 23, 01 06:22 UTC

https://asgardia.space/en/petitions/17778-hackathon-3901-voting-system/

Nov 15, 17 / Sag 11, 01 13:11 UTC

Hello , am working on a project for asgardia : Asgardia-1 Satellite Tracking Android Application, maybe i can use your skills for help

https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/technology-104/topic/asgardia-1-satellite-tracking-android-application-8073/

Jun 28, 18 / Leo 11, 02 12:58 UTC

Is there any project where I can apply myself as a Wireless Communication engineer? 

Jul 14, 18 / Leo 27, 02 18:37 UTC

While not an official Asgardian project, I would like to see an Asgardian team come together for this...https://avatar.xprize.org/  This is something that would be very useful to Asgardian Colonies and Space Arks and could help get us some positive press.