what do you think about this idea ?

Total number of votes: 22

95.5% Yes that's sound great

4.5% no i don't think so

Nov 15, 17 / Sag 11, 01 13:25 UTC

Asgardian Social Network  

Hello Asgardians

What do you think about a social network for asgardian community ?

Website + Mobile App

Like a little facebook but just for asgardian's citizen & community

Need your feed back

Nov 27, 17 / Sag 23, 01 17:49 UTC

Given the fact that the Space Kingdom of Asgardia was launched around the time when inexpensive Virtual Reality (or Mixed/Merged Reality) headsets are starting to flood the consumer and enterprise markets, it would be appropriate to suggest that one or more VR/MR environments are constructed where Asgardians can meet and network more efficiently than what is currently standard. 

Social networks and productivity apps which most of us currently navigate by poking a flat 2-dimensional screen lack several highly useful features native to VR/MR systems. In addition to being fully-immersive three-dimensional interfaces nearly indistinguishable from reality, this technology enables users to rapidly navigate menus and communicate with other users using complex hand gestures and manipulate a huge variety of advanced productivity tools within shared environments hosted on remote or local servers. A user's avatar/hologram can beam/teleport to virtual or real place nearly instantly, and cost a fraction of what it would be to physically transport a group of people to a secure meeting place safely.

AltspaceVR, one example of a modern VR/MR social network, was acquired by Microsoft this year and is currently available for use by the general public. Although it is in its early development stage, and it lacks crucial features that would be needed for Asgardians to participate most productively, AltspaceVR may be a good place to start the discussion of how to design/implement this holographic communication method for the citizens of Asgardia.

If you already own a relatively modern gaming desktop or mobile computer, then all that is needed is an HMD headset in order for any Asgardian to meet and interact in AltspaceVR. The current example of a good VR/MR headset with the best combination of features, in my opinion, is the Samsung Odyssey HMD, currently priced at 450USD. Unlike popular previous-generation headsets available for purchase today, such as the HTC Vive or the Oculus Rift, Odyssey requires very little time to set up and can be used with low-cost gaming computers running Windows 10 operating system. There is a large array of better and/or cheaper headsets and productivity apps scheduled to be released in the next several months, so there will be more options available for Asgardians to choose from. For example, there are a few stand-alone headsets to be released early next year by tech giants including Google and Facebook, and they will require no dedicated computer hardware to operate (more portable and effortless to use).

Since it may take up to a decade before Asgardians can construct such a hyper-functional and productive communication tool, I do think that it's a good idea to start a non-VR/MR Asgardian social network and initiate the discussion of what a more modern version of the network might look like in near future. I can offer my advanced 3D-modeling and design skills I have been expanding for over a decade now, and I also have some minimal experience building simple interfaces for the previous-generation VR headsets, so feel free to message me directly if anyone wants to start thinking about the logistics of this project.

Nov 28, 17 / Sag 24, 01 06:11 UTC

How about having a project proposal section of this website first - similar to the elections - and then people can vote on project proposals.  People could put their fee for the project in SOLAR or perhaps USD.

Top voted projects could be allocated by the government if the government has sufficient funding available.  These projects could include a social network and VR.

Would also be useful for the government to have a page where they can place requests for proposals.

Jan 23, 18 / Aqu 23, 02 12:21 UTC

We could try VRChat

Jun 28, 18 / Leo 11, 02 07:59 UTC

i think it's easy. there are many opensource projects for this.