Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 05:29 UTC

Hacking and Protection  

How can we implement Digital Security in Asgardia?

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 18:52 UTC

as long as quantum computers are not a thing we can just use the common coding techniques. After that IT will be a whole new world for everyone; I just hope we have talanted software programmer for this kind of work.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 05:47 UTC

Quantum computing is already becoming a reality with NASA that has already created a quantum AI. I would suggest that Asgardia would have quantum computing as well. Here is a link to prove quantum computing as a reality- https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiX2rS9i4fRAhVK04MKHXZFCLoQtwIINjAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCMdHDHEuOUE&usg=AFQjCNHDtJfMDfUeNc35ftBXhXa5ZYHopw&sig2=gx0CFCYw7wxG23QbhjsoNA

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 13:06 UTC

Before talking baout digital protection, we should know what we have to protect.

For now we have no Asgardian data center, we have only one website and forum.

In the future we have to think about our banking system, and voting system.

As far as I'm concerned, we need a authentication system more protected than just an ID/password.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 19:00 UTC

@Sheppard: Yes, NASA build the biggest quantum computer as of today in collaboration with Google and the Universities Space Research Association. But it only has 1,097 qubits. First you need something with more computing power and than you still need to figure out how to programm it. As long as Asgardia has not the option to pay scientist for research and development we should focus on using (and how to use) existing technologies. (I strongly disbelieve that someone got a working quantum AI already. Could you maybe provide something more than a google search for a youtube video?)

@Kulssaka: For me personally my private data I submitted for the verification are nothing I just mail to everyone on the internet. Cyber attacks are probably the first thread we have to face as a nation. And private information is as valuable as a secure banking and voting service. For securing this kind of systems further we could use NFC chips (or implants) or something like that, but without additional hardware a username and a passwort is as safe as it gets online.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 19:22 UTC

I had the french ministry of interior, and the department of customs as client, to help them to create a unit of control of passenger in airports, and agents of this units would use pin cards. The technology is require a card reader, cheap. The only (minor) downside is that there were a third party controlling authentication through SSL certificates.

Dec 25, 16 / Cap 24, 00 01:28 UTC

+1 PKS11, although this would require some sort of card reader, it would be possilbe to have this embedded into passports.

"But it only has 1,097 qubits." Erm, You know how much processing power that actually is? Each qubit adds an exponential increase... NFC being easily cloned and being able to be read from distances greater than 30ft with cheap primitive equipment doesn't lend itself to security particularly. Your personal data is a lot more than nothing - if it wasn't then companies with unscroupulous morals and questionable ethics wouldn't be spending vasts amounts of money on the storages of such, and going through such efforts to collect it. Cyberattacks are a legitimate concern, but there's no potential gain to such an action and as we've not yet caused anyone grievences there's little motivation overall. Once we have law, it can be made legal for people to counter-assault things like botnets by way of forcibly taking control and sanitising of malware - adhering to the core principles of protecting the Earth.

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 15:48 UTC

Hi! Map the important projects and outputs from them are important to define the strategy to protect sensitive information. I would like to be a volunteer in the committee to assist on this activity. It is a long process that can be reduced if technology is involved in advance. How can I officially request to join that?

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 02:01 UTC

trendremos que aplicar seguridad en nuestros sistemas lo ultimo que queremos es un error en el espacio

We will have to apply security in our systems the last thing we want is an error in space.

MOD EDIT:
This post has been translated using Google Translate (https://translate.google.com/). Please keep this in mind that this forum uses English as a base language at this moment, however you are able to use your native language in the Regional (https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/regions-36/) forum that applies to you.
- Jason Rainbow 28 December 2016 @ 02:22 am

Last edited by:  Jason Rainbow (Global Admin, Global Mod, Asgardian)  on Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 02:25 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Added English Translation

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 23:02 UTC

Existe algo que é único e ao mesmo tempo pode servir não só para identificar mas também para todo tipo de transacções comerciais ou não que possam vir a surgir em Asgardia. Meus irmãos e irmãs, todos nós viemos com um código único estampado em todo nosso corpo! Sim! O DNA(ADN). Podíamos criar um sistema que através de amostras de sangue individuais, extraia o código DNA de cada cidadão e utilizaria este "código com letras e números único" para identificar de forma eficaz, moderna e segura, cada cidadão de Asgardia. Seria uma porta para desenvolver uma nova medicina, por exemplo, à medida de cada cidadão. As naves, por exemplo, só poderiam ser utilizadas pelo DNA específico registados nessa base de dados, prevenindo futuros possíveis furtos. E não para por aí, pensem nas possibilidades que poderia englobar este tipo de sistema!

There is something that is unique and at the same time can serve not only to identify but also for all types of commercial transactions or not that may arise in Asgardia. My brothers and sisters, we all came with a unique code stamped all over our body! Yes! The DNA (DNA). We could create a system that, using individual blood samples, extract the DNA code of each citizen and use this "single-letter code" to effectively identify, modern and secure every citizen of Asgardia. It would be a door to develop a new medicine, for example, to the measure of each citizen. The ships, for example, could only be used by the specific DNA registered in this database, preventing future possible thefts. And do not stop there, think about the possibilities that could encompass this type of system!

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 04:22 UTC

agree with upstairs, thought it more accurate if having e-id based on traditional basic information like name, birthday, id code, + biometrics like DNA, palm vein, iris, these e-id stored in database can be accessed according different privileges and the columns of data checked according to different security demands, forbidding store others' information on local or personal devices. chip id cards have been working in identifying individuals for security or business need, but it's really troublesome if lost or illegally copied, more and more e-business can be done on-line with very few steps to verify identities nowadays(some don't need to verify the chip, just one pic of the card will do, convenient but not safe) in some unlucky case someone apply for large loans or do something unpleasant under your name with stolen information, u'r at high risks to be blacklisted. in the area i'm now there 'r online platforms(games, business) sharing or selling their own accounts' information without users' permission, and some sites r not safe as promised whose database can be cracked by any kid using sqlmap. and some area ppl r not allowed to access certain website supervised by cops online, trouble follows if spotted, your information r leaked to someone u don't want 2

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 17:52 UTC

As long as everything is encrypted with AES256 or RSA4096 or RSA8192, info is unhackeable.

Dec 31, 16 / Cap 30, 00 09:23 UTC

it depends from the program that you use with the algorithm

Dec 31, 16 / Cap 30, 00 09:26 UTC

if you have a flaw in the program no matter how strong is your algorithm an attacker can use the program or the flaw to decrypt what you are shielding

Dec 31, 16 / Cap 30, 00 23:11 UTC

Sempre tem uma falha por descobrir, o importante é estar sempre em cima do acontecimento e aperfeiçoando sempre.

Always have a failure to discover, the important thing is to always be on top of the event and always improving.