Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 09:41 UTC

Inventions and transport  

I was the FIRST mobile Internet office in the world in 1994. One of my client was Mr.Vinton CERF (co-inventor of Arpanet and Interne and he sugest me to go to Discovery chanel in USA ! An other client was Bill GATES himself in Geneva / Switzerland, and I had a lot of great personality in my mobile-office. (the name of my company was ISL (Interactive-Swiss-Limousines LTD).Now I'm working for a special system : to save ALL the memory of the planete. I already have a business plan and a videoclip to present it. I have many different knowing in diferents kinds of jobs. I have a lot of "recomendations" from many important people. I realy hope to join the staff of this futurist project. I CAN HELP YOUR TEAM AS WELL AS POSSIBLE !!!

[Lead Admin] Moved to the tech forum as this is better suited there. OP please be advised that your post is borderline advertisement but we recognize your enthusiasm for the project.

Last edited by:  Rebekah Berg (Asgardian, Lead Admin)  on Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 17:24 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: admin move

Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 19:28 UTC

Your first issue with archiving such is the storage. Are you aware of how much you'd need, just for the black and white films made between 1920 and 1930? Wikipedia, including media and "non-article" content is just over 23 TB on it's own. Initially the storage capacity will be a problem, then something reliable enough to entertain long term storage of such data - Storing this data is one thing, and retrieving it later is another, far more important thing to address. Magnetic storage methods, like hard drives, tend to only retain their magnetic imprint that represents data for about fifteen years or so - most flash-based storage methods require periodic power in order to retain contents(look up people that had no power to an SSD for a few months and come back to it blank), EEPROM is typically good for about 10-15yrs, Currently the most resilient format being stone tablets(this naturally is unsuitable for a large range of media, and the physical quantity required just for the text of wikipedia would be rediculous), correctly stored. DNA shows promise.

To assume adherence to Asgardian ethics of free and universal to knowledge, how are you intending on monetising this "business"?

Updated  on Jan 3, 17 / Aqu 03, 01 01:58 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: typo, typo

Apr 1, 17 / Tau 07, 01 02:56 UTC

Not sure if I am necroing this thread, but I wanted to ask about what information you are specifically trying to save? The vast majority of civilians will not want their personal data being archived, and most nations have government and military data that they want to keep secret, and may not trust a 'foreign' entity (even one of their own, non-government citizens) to protect it, for fear of espionage. So that really leaves the scientific community and world history. And alas, the scientific communities are all companies, with their own company secrets and formulas they want to keep hidden, much like with the governments.

So the only information you'd be able to easily obtain would be world history, film, and books. Then you need to figure out what you will record all this information on, how you will store and maintain said data to prevent degradation, and how you plan to read it since technology will change. (We barely have the capacity to read floppy disks anymore, much less punch cards)

Apr 7, 17 / Tau 13, 01 06:09 UTC

Upward Bound: Mass Drivers

Isaac Arthur 

Isaac Arthur

https://youtu.be/KerG4ILWEa4