Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 04:58 UTC

Robotics  

How do you feel about the rapid progression of robotics in human society?

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 05:03 UTC

Greetings, fellow Asgardian. You had posted this twice and I merely wished to inform you that your duplicate topic has been deleted.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 12:49 UTC

Greetings, NDean! This is my first forum activity as an Asgardian. Much like you, I am also quite interested in robotics myself. I want to express my own perspective in 3 dimensions:

1. Human Labor Liberation: Robots can replace human labor, in its first phases robots will replace most of the simple and repetitive human jobs. Please do not view this revolution as humans getting obsoleted, at the very first humans might get unemployeed, it would feel like robots are stealing job opportunities from humans. But no, eventually humans will be freed from labor, so that we can focus on more creative activities. I believe silicon, in a long history to come, is no match against carbon in the area of creativity and innovation.

2. Co-Existence: When artificial intelligence develops to a certain turning point called singular point, which means they can evolve themselves without the help of humans, we will start to think about our relationship with them, before the singular point, robots are just tools, after that, it will be a very different story. I am sure you are familiar with the word 'terminator', aren't you. We, as humans, will have to prepare and do whatever we can to make sure that does not happen.

3. Asgardia: As an Asgardian, I am happy and willing to welcome the use of robots in our future endeavor into space, after all, robots have lots of attributes humans do not possess, they could be our best friend and helper, on condition that we deal with the development of robotics correctly.

Please forgive my shallow views on robotics and my not-so-good English. Have a nice Asgardian day!

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 15:40 UTC

In my study to be held in the next fiew months, in robotic, I may have to produce some kind of robotic device that will work by itself, or by direct commands.

In the future, I expect my work to be toward mechanical limbs and exoskeltons. So, the part of transhumanism is more a view for me for the future. I'll probably have to work on the robotic avenue too, since it will probably be a necessity for some job to be done.

For the rapid progression of this tech, I'm more than comfortable. It is, to my view, a necessity for human kind to develop such things. Some level, that is close to the evolution of a species, are, sometimes, directed by his technology development. Since our future will be more related to space, tech will be needed, either for working or for space travelling.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 13:02 UTC

I made on the principal FB group a post about Universal revenues.

Before robots takes almost all of our jobs, we should consider how this will affect economy as for now, humans are paid to work we have to switch to another way.

Note: I am pro-robots and AI intelligence developpement :)

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 17:47 UTC

You are still thinking human way.

What is costs ? Robots will be repairing oter robots, or even themselves. With the use of renewable energies, electricity will be at no cost.

Of course we need investments, and it will take time to free human from hard labor...

I agree that robots will be a great assets in non-human environnment like space, but they can also improve our lives on Earth.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 18:35 UTC

I am all for robotics, i love the idea of robots(especially small pet robots :D, quick someone build me a high fantasy dragon), but i personally think it needs to be limited and used only in cases when its too dangerous for humans to intervene. I know it's fiction but MAYBE we shouldn't risk a terminator like scenario.

Last edited by:  Radu Maican (Asgardian)  on Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 18:48 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 18:55 UTC

Please do not make arguments about the distant future. We need to go steep by steep. First talk about our own experiences in this area, and our own resources.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 19:17 UTC

"By: HMiki(Asgardian) on 22 December 2016, 6:55 p.m.

Please do not make arguments about the distant future. We need to go steep by steep. First talk about our own experiences in this area, and our own resources." You think it's distant future ? I think it will take place in less than 20 years. By the way, you are not a moderator. I am re-orienting myself in the AI in that purpose.

@Dirk Yeah we need something to retrieve resources from space, at low cost.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 19:49 UTC

By: Dirk Baeyens(Chapter Advocate) on 22 December 2016, 3:18 p.m. Robots need maintenance, electricity and money to buy or construct them, humans not. If you would calculate the work or pieces of a human done in 1 week and from a robot with the above costs added i am sure the humans will win.

I'm sorry but you're incorrect on that. It's the reason why robots are replacing people in most industrial applications. The cost is projected to be 16% cheaper for humans by 2025 and that will only get better. At the moment, the cost is kept up by the need for humans to teach the robots but AI research is changing that and changing it fast.

http://www.ibtimes.com/industrial-robots-could-be-16-less-costly-employ-people-2025-1811980

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 23:17 UTC

"By: Kulssaka(Asgardian) on 22 December 2016, 7:17 p.m.

You think it's distant future ? I think it will take place in less than 20 years. By the way, you are not a moderator. I am re-orienting myself in the AI in that purpose."

Look, I prefer to work on the future, not to make arguments about that. We can do it steep by steep. And I do it, we do it with my friends. :) It will be our company, we work on it:

https://www.facebook.com/DrakenRobotics/?fref=ts

First, we have to build relationships and share our informations, experiences, resources. If we just make arguments about the future, we cannot do anything.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 23:17 UTC

"By: Kulssaka(Asgardian) on 22 December 2016, 7:17 p.m.

You think it's distant future ? I think it will take place in less than 20 years. By the way, you are not a moderator. I am re-orienting myself in the AI in that purpose."

Look, I prefer to work on the future, not to make arguments about that. We can do it steep by steep. And I do it, we do it with my friends. :) It will be our company, we work on it:

https://www.facebook.com/DrakenRobotics/?fref=ts

First, we have to build relationships and share our informations, experiences, resources. If we just make arguments about the future, we cannot do anything.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 00:04 UTC

Great forum here to discuss the use of robot in the life of Arsgardia. Keep in mind that most Asgardians will be living on earth and that space is still a project for the future. So thinking about the future can be very helpful, thinking about all the Asgardians who stay on the ground is also future and present. Every opinion is important, do not judge the opinion of someone who has never seen a robot in life but who has an opinion about it. It is the opinion of those who have never seen a robot in their lives. It will be very useful, believe me.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 10:16 UTC

One obvious advantage for robots in space is that they dont need oxygen or food and drink, we just need a power source and they can achieve many tasks, if the environment is too dangerous for a person, or the task, send a robot. Construction would be one useful place to have a robot working, clearing garbage in space definitely also.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 15:50 UTC

hola asgardians pienso que el avanze de estos sistemas revolucionara la nacion que se esta creando de nosotros del desarrollo y tambien el apoyo de nuestro creador para desarrollar inovadoras y colaboradoras maquinas para hacer de nuestra vida en el espacio o donde se requiera, es importante la union y compartir informacion para apoyo mutuo entre mas unidos seamos mejor desarrollo de tecnologia y resultados