Dec 30, 17 / Cap 28, 01 20:12 UTC

Virtual Reality  

WIth the increasing power of Virtual Reality I feel that we should look at building Asgardia within a VR World. Doing so now could make the actual creation of the real Asgardia much easier. I am wondering if any of you feel that using VR now to create Asgardia would be a benefit. I have no idea on how such a project would be started but I just recently jumped on the VR bandwagon from as a viewer. VR in itself would be a very powerful tool to use on Asgardia.

Jan 21, 18 / Aqu 21, 02 11:38 UTC

I agree David, I would recommend something social, I am not sure if i can recommend anything specifically without violating the forums "advertising" rules which makes it hard to link things outside of this site.

Jan 21, 18 / Aqu 21, 02 20:34 UTC

thats the reason i made a forum to to track what im doing sortta like a blog but better if interested feel free to message me

Jan 22, 18 / Aqu 22, 02 01:57 UTC

I think that virtual reality - the one that exists now - is not acceptable to us.

There are several reasons why, the VR mask is very uncomfortable, very heavy, not autonomous, require wires, cause disorientation in space, very much put eyesight on prolonged wearing. Therefore, I see only one way - the development of this direction in its own way, for example, by creating a device that will project a holographic image on the optic nerve in a format intelligible to the brain and deliver sound directly to the auditory nerve in a format intelligible to the brain. In my opinion this is the only way to make VR technology convenient and in demand

Jun 22, 18 / Leo 05, 02 12:29 UTC

VR is currently in the infancy phase. However, we can not be cut off from this form of interaction because of problems. Before we reach the level of NerveGear with SAO, some time will pass. But the more of us will try to immerse ourselves in VR, the time will be shorter.

In any case - I fully support all attempts to create a new world in VR. What's more, such systems do not have to be limited to strict VR, but also allow access through a normal desktop or smartphone. There are many systems from which we can borrow experiences - even one of the oldest - Second Life.

The design in my opinion should consist of the following steps (which do not have to be done consecutively)

- gathering a project team

- selecting an initial engine for the VR environment

- starting (or renting) the server with the test environment

- creating a simple space and avatars for meetings in VR

- expansion of activities to create new interface systems

- the evolution of these all to more and more satisfying us

Well, how? Gatering the start group?