Jan 5, 17 / Aqu 05, 01 10:57 UTC

The role of religion in Asgardia? Just An idea  

when i asked "The role of religion in Asgardia?" is not to make Asgardia a Teocracy Space Nation.

i'm a open-minded spiritual person, i have no religions, but only spiritual thoughts and hipotesis that i want to research in space.

Because i believe if we found another civilization on space with tribal religions or evolved religions, it's a point-of-interest to me research they mythology, religions, cultural rituals, tribal forms of worship.

Sometimes i think that you guys believe that other civilizations in space doesnt have a "religion" or anything that approachs that, like everyone other planet have SECULAR EXTRATERRESTRIALS.

If any rational form of life in outer space, have a tribal ritual of death, worship to their planet nature, create myths and gods... then i believe that kind of "science" is not particuiar to Earth, but a constant in the universe.

Of course, any kind of spiritual or religious views will be not based in ours views, i nour conceptions of spirit/life/god

To me, the role of "RELIGION Science" in Asgardia Space Nation is research myths, religions, tribals rituals e other things relative with spiritual/religion science.

Without out Earth Dogmas, but open-minded to another possibilities that other civilizations in space can believe, and study to form a general/universal conception of religions/mythology/spiritualism and what/why/how its works.

Jan 5, 17 / Aqu 05, 01 11:04 UTC

Even though I don't have a clear idea on the role of religion in Asgardia, but I have a 'hope' that such rule would be extremely minimal or hopefully none.

Jan 5, 17 / Aqu 05, 01 11:20 UTC

You dont get it, religion not as a belief of all Asgadians, but members can use the Religious Knowledge from Earth to understand and research others religions in space.

It's not to impose my, yours, or anyone's religions. Cause ASGARDIA AS A NATION HAVE NO RELIGION. That's why is Secular.

Like Brazil, Brasil is a laicist secular state by law, but its not how it works... Religious beliefs must be personal and the STATE of ASGARDIA should never align to one or another religion, but embrace all, and "live-and-let-live".

Once we get religious people on the "government" of Asgardia, they will impose this kind of religion to all. (that's history on earth)

So I sustain SECULAR STATE, cause SECULAR STATE doesnt mean ATHEIST STATE, but a NEUTRAL STATE in Religions Relativities.

Jan 5, 17 / Aqu 05, 01 12:59 UTC

In fact I got exactly what you were implying, and hence exactly I said I hope Asgardia would just leave religion, in its absolute form of an idea, behind as an earthly past. I mean why research something seriously unneeded? But if diverting who's otherwise a good person on all aspects has a certain belief, or wishes to research a religion or another, then by all means who am I to have a say on that?

Jan 5, 17 / Aqu 05, 01 12:59 UTC

In fact I got exactly what you were implying, and hence exactly I said I hope Asgardia would just leave religion, in its absolute form of an idea, behind as an earthly past. I mean why research something seriously unneeded? But if diverting who's otherwise a good person on all aspects has a certain belief, or wishes to research a religion or another, then by all means who am I to have a say on that?

Jan 5, 17 / Aqu 05, 01 13:03 UTC

"As a new nation based on the philosophy of human freedom, Asgardia does not take a stance on its citizens personal beliefs and will not declare a specific religion as the official religion of Asgardia. Citizens of Asgardia shall be free to worship their religion of choice or none at all. Your freedom of belief is entirely your personal choice. Of course that choice must respect the choice of others in return." To clarify the most common misconceptions: - religion will NOT be banned, - atheism will NOT be a leading worldview, - no one will be expected to change their religion nor does Asgardia need a new one.

Please review the Concept and the FAQ pages of the Asgardia website. Concept: https://asgardia.space/en/page/concept FAQ: https://asgardia.space/en/page/faq

This topic has been moved to Theology, from General Discussion.

Jan 6, 17 / Aqu 06, 01 13:12 UTC

No public displays of religion in Asgardia. It is to be practiced in private.

No symbols in public, no public places of worship and no religious clothing.

Thank you for understanding that opportunities to pursue these beliefs will be on Earth, not Asgardia.

Jan 9, 17 / Aqu 09, 01 04:34 UTC

Empiricism is objective and can be applied to anyone. Spiritual beliefs are not.

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 02:18 UTC

I believe that if people have religion then they should be allowed to practice it in private. I dont agree with banning certain religious clothing or symbols a person wears provided they aren't trying to push it down others throats. That would essentially be saying that what they believe has no place in Asgardia, which is totally untrue. Having a vast array of beliefs and ideals is whats needed to progress as a people. This is my humble opinion of course and I know not everyone will subscribe to it. I am an atheist but i have no problem with seeing crosses or pentagrams or hidjabs (pretty positive i spelled that wrong) or any other symbols of faith. But if it's made a point people actually being told there are rules against an open show of any faith then it will only lead to conflict.

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 16:06 UTC

My five cents / IMHO : - Any approach or representation of religion should be private, including bashing those religions. - Wearing a little trinket resembling a religious symbol should be tolerated and not mocked. - Starting a religious mob and burning witches is not an option. - Egging people to form such a mob is also not an option. - Don't assume a religious person to be an idiot. - Don't assume atheism being an anti-religion and automatically superior. - Any idea by humans has predetermined breaking points - nobody is perfect.

We can try to optimize our knowledge but the ride just never ends.

Jan 14, 17 / Aqu 14, 01 21:10 UTC

Religion is something that embrace most part of humanity, I can't be despised, but has we have different religions, and their beliefs are integrated in our systems of thinking.

It is a personal matter, there must be an absolute freedom to practice the religion you want to, no prohibition on that matter, as far as it respect the personal choice of the other to speak about that or no.

So people must be free to believe and share what they believe freely, without forcing anyone to adhere. That's what I call freedom of religion, which is indispensable.

Jan 16, 17 / Aqu 16, 01 12:54 UTC

How can I apply as a translator?

Jan 16, 17 / Aqu 16, 01 17:03 UTC

May I remind everyones to just read the comments before adding yours? I'm not saying that to be rude on anyone, but the comments keep going on the part ''we don't need religions'' and '' it is a personnal matter''. Since the base of this discussion is not even close about those points, please make sure you understand the first post done. Even I do agree about we don't need religions and that this is a personnal thing.

The discussion is in regard of knowledge on religions. Researchs made to understand what are those religions and the base purpose of those. It is posted to ask if all think this could be a good idea to do such researchs and form groups of researchers in that perticular matter. If you go back on the main message of this topic, you'll see that the person mean that in regard of the possibility of encountering an alien species that have a religion on itself and, maybe, find some similarities toward those we have on earth at the moment. On that, religion, in a way, help to understand the story of a nation. The purpose behind some events, even so it cause alot of live loss, or not. Sometimes, too, it bring up the purpose on symbolism or way to be of a nation.

To my point of view, it could be interesting to have such group of research. The antropologists to a good job on that sometime, with the help of theologists too. Finding similarities from alien species, to our civilization, could be a good start to make a good interaction between us. That could give us some understanding of each other, even if we don't know how to speak to each other. Even it would need to be able to make observation within their population. And that we are not close yet to do such encounter ... or not even ready at all.

Jan 19, 17 / Aqu 19, 01 17:11 UTC

^^ Someone got the point of the topic and why i opened it...

That's why i asked the role of religion in Asgardia, as a society of knowledge is to preseve and study all knowledge generate on Earth. And one day, one of us can compare ours studies with other societies in this looooooong universe, if they have something like we call "reiligions"... I mean, one day in thousand years forward, otherwise, its not tomorrow... but can be tomorrow, no one knows... got?

It's the fundamental base of a prophecy, play dices in the space-time with the unvierse, and every "result" there's possbilities, that can make sense, that can make non-sense...

That's what makes a prophet right, the right result of a dice's play in the universe, predicts some action, some thought, in sometime of somewhere...

I even make comparisions in the creation of the ASGARDIA with the bible when they says about a "Nation coming from the skies"... not sure, but i like to study those things and make researchs about them...

Jan 19, 17 / Aqu 19, 01 18:11 UTC

i think it would be good to make sure we don't forget where we have come from regardless of where on the timeline of history that it comes from. being able to understand the past lets us keep an open mind for our future and for any 'others' that we may come across from other worlds. who can say if we were to meet another race that could base their entire existence from a base religion. that could also not happen, but with an expansive universe, there is always a possibility.