Dec 25, 16 / Cap 24, 00 11:45 UTC

What is your religion/belief/faith?  

Let's embrace all religions firstly knowing the religions of the members, and try to not judge them by your beliefs.

I have not a specific religion, i like to study all of them. But my belief is a mix of certain new-age spiritism with spiritual universalism and some buddhist/hinduist principles. To me God is not a Person or have a Personality, God is the essence of life, the search for the truth, a quest for the answers of the life. The Creation. God to me is neither man or woman, dog or dinossaur. To me God is a concept. The human spirit is what connect us to this concept. God is only reacheable by your spirit, by self-knowledge and study.

I'm always studing new point of views of spiritualized persons and observing the evolve of science in the questions of the universe. Always make comparisons if that can be possible, even in a future or past.

If you not have a religion or spiritual belief, feel free to post with us what you have faith.

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 21:14 UTC

I'm jumping onto the boat and can only say, you're both representing the spirit I believe in! Through knowledge and acknowledgment of other perspectives and opinions we always improve our own big picture of the universe(s?) around us ! I study beliefs from the Vedas, Zen and modern quantum- and string sciences . It seems to be only a complete view of reality around us and our own impersonation of the spirit (I like to call it Turiya, like stated in the Vedas) if we consider every possibility someone's mind go as actually real. With this help we might get a grasp of the concept of the space around us .

Much love and spread an open mind ! Joshua

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 21:59 UTC

Don't have one, don't want one. Tried a bunch. None stood up.

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 13:28 UTC

A Sufi here, since you asked, but in general I think the spirit of Asgardia is usually to keep any form of faith, creed or opinion about faiths within personal realm instead of any publicity.

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 14:13 UTC

Well, I read the topic, and came in here to post that I basically subscribe to mostly Buddhist views and to elaborate a bit on that, and was rather surprised to read the posts already made in this thread echoing my thoughts somewhat.

I am not strict or traditional in my beliefs and feel that Buddhism, particularly Zen, is about science of mind. I consider myself a scientist, (although not professionally), and take a scientific approach to most things. Our consciousness is something very unusual, and may not ever be totally comprehensible, but devoting time and energy into studying the inner is a worthwhile experience, spiritually or otherwise.

Last edited by:  Leigh Fawcett (Asgardian)  on Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 14:16 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 14:54 UTC

My thoughts are a little different. It was recently proven that while it is known that mass can be converted to energy, the opposite is also true. So my thoughts are - The Big Bang was the sacrifice of the ultimate energy, which in turn created the Universe. That's why the ancients believed that "god" was omniscient. Because he LITERALLY made everything by destroying himself in the process.

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 16:25 UTC

I believe, that godless people are extremists or damaged goods. i believe that scientists, who "believe" (!) in that Big Bang, have a big bang in their head, i wouldnt talk to such gnomies. I believe in perception and scalable vibes, so awareness of sacred and of divine freqs is possible/attainable.

I have faith in Life and its diverse expressions all over space.

My religion is Love! My practise of inner light and sound connects all and creates.

Thats it!

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 18:42 UTC

As mentioned in the Asgardia F.A.Q (https://asgardia.space/en/page/faq):

"As a new nation based on the philosophy of human freedom, Asgardia does not take a stance on its citizens personal beliefs and will not declare a specific religion as the official religion of Asgardia. Citizens of Asgardia shall be free to worship their religion of choice or none at all. Your freedom of belief is entirely your personal choice. Of course that choice must respect the choice of others in return."

Therefore everyone is requested to respect others choice in return. Any violation to this respectfulness may result in further actions. Thank you!

Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 21:05 UTC

I have been raised on a Roman Apostolic Catholic (or "Catholic", for short) environment, and until I was ~13 years old I was a firm believer of God. I attended a Catholic confessional school since I have memory until 2015, when I finished highschool and started college. My family is also Catholic — my mother in particular. I was educated under Catholic values, but thanks to my parents I was raised to think independently of what I was told.

I do not believe in any kind of deity, and I do not feel the need of it. The vastity of nature, of our lives and of the cosmos is fulfilling for me. I think the fact that we don't need of a 'highest force' to exist is already something amazing. I admit that I would like to believe in God, and I have tried, but I simply can't.

I do not regret being raised on a Catholic environment, as I was taught a lot of good values that have shaped me into the person I am today. The school I attended taught me to be gentle, responsible, comprehensive, and inculcated what I consider to be very positive values on me. I was really lucky to have very good professors that were open minded and allowed us to have our own line of thinking outside the Catholic reasoning.

So, for me, there is not anything else besides what we can perceive. But that is absolutely amazing! The world is so complex that an infinity of mechanisms constantly co-exist and work so the world we know can be the way we know it. Knowing that makes me happy.

Regards.

Edit: ortography.

Last edited by:  Francisco Gimenez (Asgardian)  on Dec 28, 16 / Cap 27, 00 21:06 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 06:48 UTC

Carbon,

Please define an undamaged person.

Regards Successful, happy and godless.

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 10:33 UTC

Officially I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints which is based in Salt Lake City, Utah in the USA. I was baptized by one of their young missionary men, and granted the keys and responsibilities of their Aaronic Priesthood, which is the lesser of two. In truth I'm mostly an independent and eclectic thinker, drawing upon the work of many teachers, pursuing a very personal sense of spirituality. I have good reason to believe that there is a benevolent higher-power within the Universe, concerned with the welfare of our species here on Earth. I choose to believe in the final message found within the Biblical Book of Revelations, the promise of a resurrection to immortal life here on Planet Earth for all humanity, as the ultimate good. The precursory millennium of Peace on Earth seems like a pretty good deal to me as well. I'm all in for that outcome. Unlike most Christian thinkers, I do not believe in a Holy Trinity of Gods, I believe that the Muslim point-of-view is more correct. There can never be more than one God, but there are an endless and increasing multitude of children who are also co-creators. Diversity is a beautiful feature, varying degrees of ability and personal experience.

I'm aware that many people have been talking about a pending global spiritual awakening that is now occurring. I almost expect this to result in a mass exodus of humanity from the manifest Universe and terrestrial life of suffering here on Earth.

I believe that Peace can only begin in the willful act of, "beating our swords into plowshares." Hopefully our spiritually awake companions can be instrumental in achieving global disarmament. Faith informs me that I have a personal role to play.

Last edited by:  Ken Hopper (Asgardian)  on Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 10:36 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 18:05 UTC

Im a studying Pagan/Wiccan (yes there different) i beleave in a creator intelligence however i also beleave no living human knows what it wants or thinks. I also have no problem fusing science and religion. Thats about it

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 18:20 UTC

A Muslim here, since you asked, but first, I want to mention my complete and total agreement on the LEGAL AND POLICY ISSUES IN ASGARDIA, especially for this subject. the number 1. What about religion in Asgardia? Will there be an official religion? As a new nation based on the philosophy of human freedom, Asgardia does not take a stance on its citizen's personal beliefs and will not declare a specific religion as the official religion of Asgardia. Citizens of Asgardia shall be free to worship their religion of choice or none at all. Your freedom of belief is entirely your personal choice. Of course, that choice must respect the choice of others in return. mentioned in the FAQ at https://asgardia.space/en/page/faq It is also part of my religion to do not imposed any constraints in religion but certain practices like the murder of widow, cannibalism, and human sacrifice most be strictly prohibited and condemnable by the law.

Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 06:48 UTC

Another Muslim(12) here, hello. I completely agree with what Sylvian has to say. As my religion is important to me as it is for many other people, I do not wish for any person to feel that they have to follow a certain religion or none at all. Without freedom of expression, religious expression included, human beings cannot live in happiness. I wish to live in peace and happiness with all of you and wish to learn of your religious beliefs as well as teach you mine.

Jan 1, 17 / Aqu 01, 01 20:41 UTC

Speaking as an agnostic apistevist atheist (lacking sufficient information to believe in a god, not willing to engage in faith instead of facts, therefore, not a theist), I have no problem with religion as long as its followers can share and play nicely with the other kids. Once (or if) religion becomes imposed upon my life, either through being attacked or having laws enforce beliefs regardless of who holds them, that's when I start becoming militant.

If Asgardia has a live-and-let-live policy, I am a happy camper.