Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 16:16 UTC

Re: What is your religion/belief/faith?  

In the spirit of being open, I will take the chance here, something I normally would not do most anywhere. Although I was raised Roman Catholic, I left that path decades ago. My path is Pagan. Now before thoughts run wild, and for many they will, paganism is not a devil worship. It is a nature based path just as Wiccan which came about decades later. As with all paths, there are both good and bad. In that there is balance. My path follows the Ancients of the Ancients. It is based in light, peace and helpfulness. It is also based in protection, healing and growth spirituality, mentality and physically.

Jan 3, 17 / Aqu 03, 01 14:25 UTC

Science and The Tao(The Way Of Nature)

Jan 9, 17 / Aqu 09, 01 03:34 UTC

I follow a philosophy of empiricism. As such, I have found no empirical evidence which suggests the existence of any deity. As such, I am an atheist by empirical default. I do ardently hope that Asgardia does not promote any theistic affiliation; it has not done well for Earth.

Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 01:29 UTC

Religion is about political power and all rely on superstition; this community should avoid all of it.

Jan 10, 17 / Aqu 10, 01 18:59 UTC

I have no faith

I be believe in the idea of "live and let live" way of thinking, but I would like to see that religion/belief/faith doesn't play a role in the values and ideas of Asgardia

Jan 12, 17 / Aqu 12, 01 04:49 UTC

I am an ordained Deacon in the Catholic Church. I have a college minor in World Religious Studies, many units in Anthropology of Religion courses, teach World Religions at our Catholic 7th-12th grade school. I've spent time in Taoist and Buddhist communities. I love exploring how humankind has developed, shaped and explained its relationship and understanding of the origin of Being, why there is something and not nothing, why is the Golden Rule so pan-cultural, etc. . . I love what the Dalai Lama has said about religions -- they are all concerned with a better human being; a more whole, healthy human being. . .

Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 00:26 UTC

I'm a Roman Catholic, by practice and creed, but philosophically, I'm an agnostic. To clarify, I believe in God, but I cannot know that there is a God, because there is a lack of scientific evidence. Science, by its nature, cannot prove or disprove God, and therefore religion to me is the realm of "irrational" belief. I understand that this might seem paradoxical to true atheists and fundamentalists, but I can't really explain it any better.

However, we can all agree that no truly sane and grounded person can deny science.

Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 05:53 UTC

Dharma because it is Dharma

Last edited by:  Juan Torres Najarro (Asgardian)  on Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 05:56 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 17, 17 / Pis 20, 01 19:21 UTC

I'm something of an irreligious/non-religious Monolatrist-Christian.

I don't care to support religion, even the non-organized kind. I find that it breeds weakness (through obedience & dependency) and inhuman activity, including much of modern-day and historical Christianity too. (I'll even admit I don't agree with everything Yeh'shua said.) But I don't deny what Yeh'shua intended to do, and I accept there is only one deity worthy of any worship.

Last edited by:  Vincent Fincher (Asgardian)  on Feb 18, 17 / Pis 21, 01 20:10 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 17, 17 / Pis 20, 01 22:36 UTC

Used to be openly athiest, but got sick of labels like immoral, godless, broken and evil. Now a practioner of what I belive to be the most relevant and awesome religion ever... pastafarianism.

May you all be touched by his noodly goodness.

Mar 20, 17 / Ari 23, 01 09:24 UTC

Atheist here. Not a religion Nazi, but I feel many religions today are overdoing it. Sure, having someone to believe in is good, but not at the cost of leaving everything to that power. After all, what good has it done in the world? Wars, pestilence, droughts and dying children were supposed to be part of such a being's agenda, but instead he/she chooses not to do that but to appear randomly in food (see this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/arielknutson/people-who-found-jesus-in-their-food ). What's more, people still believe the Earth is flat, space is a myth and that no space mission was real. They think vaccines are bad, the government uses chemtrails and foil hattery (and associated bs) is still rampant. Places of worship are exempt from taxes and godmen readily take advantage of people's faith, time and money. And people are even killing over it.

Having imaginary friends is good, but only up to a certain age.

Apr 2, 17 / Tau 08, 01 10:46 UTC

I am a Daedra Worshipper, worshipping Malacath, and respecting Hircine, Sanguine, and Hermaeus Mora. 

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 13:32 UTC

Dude. Playing too much Elder Scrolls, aren't you?

Unless you are being serious, then I will apologize.

VWH

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 15:41 UTC

@Phicksur. I am being very serious. Why would anybody joke about this matter?

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 16:37 UTC

> @Phicksur. I am being very serious. Why would anybody joke about this matter?

Trolling. Sarcasm. Attention-seeking. Inside jokes. Boredom.

Just off the top of my head, there's five reasons.

TML