Hello everyone,

I'm a relative newcomer to Asgardia. I remember seeing this project when it first popped up but didn't give it much thought as I didn't think it was practical. In recent weeks/months, I have been lurking and researching the concept, but again the lack of feasibility the project seemed to have (along with the contradictions throughout the constitution and other legal documents as well as the apparent unbalanced focus on establishing a government without giving much thought to the practical matters of actually getting a nation built in space) continued to keep me from jumping in. As I have continued to think about and research the possibility of a nation in space, the challenges that it would have to overcome, and the possible solutions to those challenges, however, I have now come to the conclusion that this project is, in fact, feasible or at least very likely feasible from both a financial and engineering standpoint. That being said, I decided that if there is any chance of this project succeeding, I want to see that happen. So, long story short, I'm one of those people who has thought this idea was crazy (and even shared a few laughs about it around the proverbial water cooler at work), but after thinking through it enough, I believe it is actually possible, and want to do everything I can to make that happen. I've already read a good deal of the posts throughout the forums, so I'll probably be diving right in as well as volunteering for any needs that match my skill set.

As for my background, I hail from the Midwestern United States. I dropped out of college a few classes short of a degree due to financial challenges (though someday returning and finishing it is a goal of mine someday), but in the meantime, I studied philosophy, pre-med, and business. My original career plan was to be a priest, but that later turned to becoming an astronaut once I realized that was actually a real career option (sadly, it does require a degree, though). In my professional career, I have taught astronomy using an inflatable planetarium in what was definitely the coolest job ever, both because I spent half my day staring at and showing off the coolest sights in the cosmos, and because it required me to be a jack of all trades: teaching, creating interesting curricula, producing planetarium shows, doing short media interviews, and many other tasks. After that my career is not nearly as glamorous but has similarly given a wide set of new skills as a retail manager. In that role, I have managed different departments handling topics such as computer equipment, financial transactions, sales, and shipping and receiving, and of course, developed invaluable leadership experience. My hope now is that the many random skills I've collected over my admittedly short life so far will be useful in this project where I can hopefully do my part to change the world for the better.

I'm sure you'll all get to know soon, as I tend to be long-winded and very active when I get involved in a project I'm passionate about. As far as what I hope we'll see in the relatively near future, I hope that this project will evolve to the point where people see it as a well thought out and practical effort. Right now I think most people look at it as some absurd idea that has no chance of success (as I did, and anyone I've talked to does), and would like to see it grow to the point where people actually see it as a real and possible idea. Once that happens we will get a lot more support both in terms of membership/citizenship and in terms of outside supporters. That of course, will start with developing a solid plan, a budget, a timeline, and a design for building a new home in orbit. In any event, I'll see all of you around the forums!