Dec 31, 17 / Cap 29, 01 00:14 UTC

What does it mean, "The Space Kingdom"?  

While the concepts and ambitions are promising, the names or not
Although I like the name Asgardia very much, it refers to Nordic mythology which is considered pagan or heathen and not acceptable for a 2B people, can we really represent Earth?  
Why is it called a Kingdom? Who is King?  Is this hereditary/transferable?
Can someone explain this to me? "6. Asgardia does not interfere in any affairs of the Earth’s States based on reciprocity."

Thank you
PZ

Dec 31, 17 / Cap 29, 01 14:55 UTC

Hi Professor Zweistein!
Asgardia is called a Space Kingdom because our head of nation, Igor Ashurbeyli, and others that worked on the constitution, decided so. Igor Ashurbeyli is the head of nation of our Space Kingdom, so you could call him a monarch if you wanted to. He will be in charge for the first 5 years of Asgardia, until another one is determined. So it is not hereditary.
The term "Asgardia does not interfere in any affairs of the Earth’s States based on reciprocity." means, that Asgardia won't take part in any political, military or other debates between states on earth.
I hope I could answer your questions. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask! You can find more about the Asgardian constitution here: https://asgardia.space/en/page/constitution
I also wish you a happy new year!
Simon Eppig