Asgardia is electing its mayors, and today we are continuing our series of interviews with the election participants. We will talk with the different candidates for mayor from different countries around the world. We do not specifically select candidates to be interviewed; any candidate who would like to tell about themselves and their campaign to the entire nation of Asgardia has now this opportunity. Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "interview" and your interview can be the next one.
Today we glad to introduce to you Mr. Daniel Delgado Macias - the candidate for Asgardia’s mayor from Madrid, Spain.
- Tell us about yourself. Who you are; why did you become a resident of Asgardia?
My name is Daniel, I am 28 years old and all my life I have felt a connection with everything that surrounds me, respect for life and curiosity about the universe. I was born and raised in a family that gave me all their love and support in the hardest stages of a person's life in a developed country.
Unfortunately, the problems of a developed country are nothing compared to the suffering that millions of human beings must endure in other countries. And Asgardia seems the first feasible answer to all those problems. An opportunity to start from scratch, an opportunity to educate everyone with the same rights and opportunities, with a moral and ethical basis that allows and strengthens tolerance and respect. That's why I decided to be part of Asgardia, because nowadays any way to fight against the current system, is something to bet on.
- Why have you decided to run for the position of mayor?
- Because I feel I can contribute a lot to do something big. I'm not talking about being a boss, because I do not like to rule. I speak of being part of the movement that leads the human species in the spiritual evolution that we have to live. The balance between the development and implementation of new technologies, and the inherent spirituality of the human being that allows him to connect to the universe. Everything in a responsible and consistent way.
- What contributions do you hope to make to your local community during your term as mayor?
I know it would be hard, but I would love to spread about free and clean energy systems the first step to a better era is free and clean energy for everyone, and we don’t even have to invest on it. It's already invented, it's already here. If the government stop the ban on it, would be a great beginning.
- What problems are Asgardians in your district(city) facing and what would you do to help?
- Asgardians in here (and most people in this city) face problems like, contamination, corruption, abusive taxes, abusive prices, expensive to live even with the basics.
Is hard to solve that problems, not because I don't know the solutions, but it's not on me but in all of us. It's easy to get rid of contamination, just need to start using electric vehicles, free clean energy systems to use, and change the way we get rid of the waste. It can be better recycled, there are better systems nowadays.
The problem with abusive taxes and prices is linked to the corruption, and there is only one way to solve that. Change the law. Change the way they are free to do whatever they please, start solving population problems, for real. Not just pretending like you are, while you just steal public money.
- What do you think are the most interesting projects that could be realised in the future by the space nation Asgardia?
- No doubt, free and clean energy systems. To be a nation of the future you need access to unlimited and safe energy.