Asgardia is electing its mayors, and today we are continuing our series of interviews with the election participants. We will talk with the different candidates for mayor from different countries around the world. We do not specifically select candidates to be interviewed; any candidate who would like to tell about themselves and their campaign to the entire nation of Asgardia has now this opportunity.
Contact us via email at email@example.com, with the subject line "interview" and your interview can be the next one.
Today we glad to introduce to you Mr.Evgeniy Sidorov - the candidate for Asgardia’s mayor from Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia.
- Tell us about yourself, your education and experience, your strengths.
- I was born in 1970, graduated from the military school in 1991, got a degree in engineering and economics. Then served in the military, was engaged in entrepreneurial activities, took multiple courses in business economics, co-created and co-managed many commercial and non-commercial organizations as well as political parties (regional offices).
- Why did you become a resident of Asgardia?
I became an resident after reading Asgardia’s Declaration of Unity and Constitution and was especially impressed by the second paragraph of the Declaration:
The goals of Asgardia are:
To ensure peace in space;
To ensure the protection of planet Earth and the entire humankind (from outer space threats);
To ensure equal opportunities in space for all Asgardians residing on Earth,
regardless of geographic, financial, technological and other specificities of the countries of their Earthly citizenship.
- Why did you decide to run for mayor?
- I'm sure able to address all the problems a mayor needs to address.
- What contribution do you hope to make to the local community during your tenure as mayor?
First of all, I plan to establish communication between the citizens of Asgardia living in the Nizhny Novgorod region.
In the future, systematically, with help of all the experience of the citizens of Asgardia, to fulfill our new state was created for.
You can ask, what tasks? I advise you to refer to the Declaration of Unity and the Constitution of the Space Kingdom — it’s hardly possible to describe them in more detail. Technical issues can be resolved as and when they arise.
- What problems do Asgardians face in your district (city) and how would you help?
I could help citizens of Asgardia get out of the shadow, all citizens should be able to express themselves and it’s a direct duty of the mayor to ensure that.
- In your opinion, what are the most interesting projects that can be carried out in the future by the space nation of Asgardia?
- Launching into space our satellite, with research purposes and with the goal of providing communication, in all directions, to citizens of Asgardia.
In the long term, sending a citizen of Asgardia to the ISS.
The state of Asgardia and its citizens need their first astronaut.