Code of Conduct for Asgardian MPs elect
In line with the Declaration of Unity and the Constitution of Asgardia, all Asgardians are equal, and have to behave in a manner that supports continuous growth of Asgardia, its vision and services. This CoC outlines the framework of behaviours, and rules of communication that have to be adhered to by all Asgardians, including those who hold elected/official positions. It is of particular importance that the latter follow this CoC since they represent Asgardia towards its own population, and externally. This CoC provides Asgardians with a reference to avoid misconduct, and is to be used in evaluating own behaviour towards the others, and when considering the behaviour of others.
The CoC serves to define national identity within the Asgardian community as it sets the standards of interaction based on the shared values and shared responsibilities.
B. Rules of Conduct
The rules of conduct form an important integral part of Asgardia’s community life, and outline the scope for communications, discussions and involvement in any aspects of Asgardia’s internal matters or with external parties, when formulating or influencing relevant policies, laws, and regulations and in all professional and personal interactions.
Any Asgardian will:
1. Take all reasonable care to ensure that any Asgardians’ work or actions cause no avoidable danger or physical harm to any person.
2. Respect and preserve nature, natural resources, avoid environmental or human damage.
3. Avoid deploying technologies that attack or harm Asgardia’s services or infrastructure as well as each users’ own infrastructure.
4. Ensure all measures for the protection and integrity of private information of all users.
Take all reasonable steps, including education and dissemination of knowledge, to ensure Asgardia is open, accessible, and useful to everyone.
5. Respect the generally accepted norms of etiquette for human communications and behavior especially by avoiding communications that are false or are likely to be considered as discourteous, objectionable, malicious, unwanted, or causing unjustified loss of prestige.
6. Avoid fraudulent or deceptive statements. Refrain from criminal activities against individuals or Asgardia as a whole.
7. Recognise and follow this code and accept that obvious behaviour against this code as a whole or in individual parts will be reviewed by the Head of Administration of Asgardia for the benefit of all users upon request and can result in partial, full, intermediate or permanent exclusion, loss of access and exclusion from the community.
8. Respect the rights of all Asgardians to privacy, freedom, access to information and communication.
9. Treat all Asgardian fairly and on equal terms.
10. Respect and follow generally accepted provisions on intellectual property rights.
11. Encourage others to follow this CoC, and discourage its breaches.
12. Offer and accept honest and constructive criticisms of opinions and work as they relate to this code.
13. Not associate oneself with, and do not allow Asgarida's name be associated with, organisations and/or persons consistently in breach of this code or openly or secretly taking actions against Asgardia.
C. Consequence of violating the Code of Conduct