Igor Ashurbeyli's Address to Asgardians
Greetings to over half a million Earthlings from over 100 Earth countries who have joined Asgardia!
1. One month has passed since 12.10.16, when I announced the creation of the first space nation — Asgardia. We thought that the first 100,000 future Asgardians would register by the end of 2016, but we reached that number within the first 40 hours! And over 500,000 during the first 20 days. So today I want to say to all of you – THANK YOU!
2. At midnight on 31.10.16 I stopped registrations, since it is now time for the second stage – verifying the registrations to make sure they are unique, there are no bots, underage minors without permission, etc. In order to do this, you will be asked to create a personal profile. Those who confirm their identity will get a special certificate with their unique Asgardian number and a symbol of Asgardia.
3. It is also time to vote for the Declaration of Unity of Asgardia, which will declare the core values of Asgardia and will become the basis for the preparation and ratification of the Asgardian Constitution.
4. Simultaneously, I would like to ask you to confirm my temporary authority as the Head of Asgardia, so that I can represent the Asgardian Nation in talks with Earth countries and the UN in order to have Asgardia gain recognition as a full independent state and a UN membership.
5. Immediately after a temporary government will be formed, whose three main tasks will be to get Asgardia recognized as a nation, to hold elections in Asgardia and to launch the first Asgardian satellite.
6. As the result of the elections in 2017, Asgardia will have its own parliament, government and council at three levels: state-wide, continental, and regional chapters. Their main functions and power will be determined as the result of an all-nation discussion.
7. Contest for the Asgardian flag is in progress, and voting is already on-going. I ask you also to participate in the other contests on the Asgardian motto, salutation, etc.
8. A forum will be opened on the Asgardia site in the nearest future. I invite everyone to use it as a discussion space for all of the issues listed above and more, and for all the questions concerning the development of Asgardia. I thank all the volunteers for their initiative and excellent work – all the administrators and moderators of our existing team, and I invite new volunteers to join.
9. Asgardia needs its own mass media outlets, the first of which will be an electronic newspaper in a completely new format that has never been used before. Follow the development of our interactive newspaper and please, participate!
10. There are currently thousands of letters and questions in the Asgardia email accounts that we have not physically been able to answer. All of them will be checked and sorted by the end of the year. Answers to the most common questions will be posted on the Asgardia website in the FAQ section. I will answer non-standard questions and offers myself personally in my new blog on the site main page. The blog will become available online in the next few weeks.
11. During its very short history, Asgardia has already suffered from several attacks – cyber ones as well as attacks on its reputation. There have also been cases of pressure, threats and blackmail attempts on our phone lines and social media. I am declaring that Asgardia is a peaceful nation – but a strong one. We will protect planet Earth from space threats, but we will also not compromise in protecting Asgardia and our citizens to the fullest.
12. Asgardia budget for 2017 will be made public in December. In order to fulfill our budget, we will open a second, commercial website –asgardia.com. We are happy to discuss your offers of generating the Asgardia's revenue both through business projects and through charitable ones.
In closing, I would like to say that WE ARE CONTINUING TO ACCEPT applications for Asgardia.
During the first month of its existence, Asgardia has expanded at the space velocity – just like a space nation should. Let's keep that dynamic going!
Yours, Igor Ashurbeyli