Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 21:50 UTC

Knowledge Library  

Hello everyone, I want to propose that could be practical and useful if we make a library of knowledge of all the engineering related topics, making easy the future projects and trying that everyone level up their knowledge. We all have some useful knowledge that we could share with everyone. So what do you think?

Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 23:11 UTC

I think that coukd be very useful but, it must be with original ebooks, i mean buying them and made them public, it could cost a lot and the nation dont have money for it yet... But in the future will be useful

Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 23:46 UTC

Don't forget that you can also use online resources too! This idea is a really good one and I would love to see a knowledge base for Engineering. It would be neat if there was an upvote/downvote system for resources too so that it would be easier to find the good resources.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 06:17 UTC

Well we have Google. A lot of equipment that I work on has all their manuals online for free. Just need serial numbers.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 11:54 UTC

A good idea, we can not assume that engineering papers and scientific research posted on the internet will always be freely available. Political changes could remove access.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 12:28 UTC

Good idea!

NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) is a large open access knowledge library of aerospace, and free.

Here: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/

Last edited by:  Yang Liu (Asgardian)  on Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 12:30 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times
Reason: mistake spelling

Jan 12, 17 / Aqu 12, 01 06:08 UTC

...and a safe place to store all this knowledge. Lest we forget the DOTCOM bubble implosion? Much information was lost due to the advertising schemes that pulled out leading to the failure of many free information sites people like you and me put our hard time (years of effort) into creating and watched it blow away with the wind. I for one wouldn't so readily willing to hope for the best in that what is here today will be here tomorrow.