Jun 17, 17 / Leo 00, 01 14:56 UTC

Wiring all together, network, sensors, electrical power  

Just thinking about a space station, we need sensors at every room, to sense the right oxygen´s proportion, the air quality, pressure, humidity, temperature, gravity force, living been presence.

Connecting every thing together with the server, to monitor dangerous environment changes.

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 07:30 UTC

-------------EN-------------

We already have such systems.
- Control of air conditioning and heating
- Lighting control
- Presence in the room
- Fire alarms.
These systems have been designed and protected every day and sometimes help in everyday life. We also know them by name as "smart home". In the case of the station it is enough to integrate all we know and to scale. The system should not, however, consist of one part. It must be a distributed device so that the absence of one element does not affect the successive operations. You can already design prototypes of such systems.

-------------PL-------------

Już mamy takie systemy.
- Kontrola klimatyzacji i ogrzewania
- Kontrola oświetlenia
- Obecności w pomieszczeniu
- Alarmy przeciw pożarowe.
Te systemy zostały już zaprojektowane i chronią nas co dzień i niekiedy pomagają w codziennym życiu. Znamy je również z nazwy jako "Inteligentny dom". W przypadku stacji wystarczy zintegrować wszystkie jakie znamy i je wyskalować. System nie powinien składać się jednak z jednej części. Musi to być urządzenie rozproszone by brak jednego elementu nie wpływał na działanie kolejnych. Można już projektować prototypy takich systemów :)

Jun 22, 17 / Leo 05, 01 19:01 UTC

I'm wondering about "gravity" sensors.  Currently from my understanding, we use accelerometers that measures g-force which is relative to the force by which you fall to earth (g).  If in space, we would have to create inertia to simulate gravity I'm pretty sure since we don't have devices that actually warp space time to create gravity.  What this means is probably a spinning space station that's in constant motion using inertia to simulate gravity and you would need inertia sensors which from a perusal on the interwebz yields several different types depending on it's application.

Jun 25, 17 / Leo 08, 01 07:14 UTC

I'm joining what Icari says. Why do you want to connect everything together ?. It's not only useless but also inefficient and... dangerous. Let's imagine a second this central computer fails (for whatever reason it could be). The whole station would be in the dark. Do you realise the panic ?

I'll give you a simple example. When you want to heat your house (or your flat, same principle) by hot water, you have a heat generator then a distribution grid to the rooms. In every room you have a radiator (or equivalent) that might be regulated LOCALLY. This radiator takes the heat needed to maintain the room to the temperature you desire. Then the water goes back to the generator which modulates its power depending on the temperature of the water going back and the desired depart temperature.s o your generator doesn't care of what is happening in the rooms. Understood ? I took this example cause that's my domain but it can be extended to everything : eletricity, oxygen...

This doesn't prevent taking measurements which could be centralised in a computer, but not for regulation, only for security.

It is better to work on small areas. This is also easier to desgin and maintain !

Aug 1, 17 / Vir 17, 01 02:17 UTC

Well, I am assuming metal would form a large part of the space station. Faraday shielding effect kills the wireless EM waves. I have seen this happening at the ships. I am an inventor of some wireless devices which can transmit power and data at the metal interfaces. Some of them have become production models at the Hyundai, Samsung and Daewoo ship building industries. I know several other ways to do it. Count me in.

Jun 28, 18 / Leo 11, 02 10:17 UTC

We are talking of a Space Station  lasting several decades or even longer . For such a system we require new generation of power supplies and much better than the systems we have now. The power supply system is a vital component of the spaceship. These systems have to be extremely reliable, say ZERO FAILURES,  and designed to work in severe conditions. At the same time most modern complex devices used on such systems demand more and more energy, and these also complicates the designs of the future power supplies on such stations. 

Normally, when designing an item like a phone, it is considered that it will be regularly recharged and it will hardly appear in several million kilometers away from the next electrical socket for its charging.

However, to charge the accumulators of the spaceship which is in a hundred million kilometers from a electrical source turns out that the approach changes - it requires that it must have the capability to have onboard the batteries of sufficient capacity to work decades, and autonomous -generate electric power independently.

To solve such design problems is quite not an easy thing.

At the same time, some onboard devices dont need electricity all the time and must be available when requured witiyt failure, and others have to be continousky supplied and work constantly.

For example, the receivers and transmitters in the piloted flight or at the manned space station including a life support system, ventilation, illumination have to be switched on always.

Currently, about 30% of all mass of a spacecraft are usually the power system. It is required to solve three main objectives:

Generation, Electrical power storage and distribution.

These parts of the system are vital for operations of the devices. They don', need to be heavy, must be durable and with a high "power density" - that is to generate a lot of energy at quite small volumes.

Besides, they have to be fantastically reliable to avoid cases of unforseen breakdown in space.

These systems has to generate enough energy for all requirements, but also reliably at all tines - and for decades or centuries.

For proper imagination on operation of such a long operating system,- we look for exmaple at the flight to Jupiter can take from five to seven years, to Pluto - more than 10 years and to leave the limits of the Solar system, may take from 20 to 30 years. These  are the periods  we are looking at when designing  our system.

One more problem to consider wheile designing our power systems of the space station are the very specific conditions under which the components are going to function - Since they have to maintain their functioning capacity in the absence of gravitation, in a vacuum, under the influence of very intensive radiation , that can put the majority of ordinary electronic devices out of function, and also must be able to function under extreme temperatures.

With  above considerations, our selections and designs must strictly bare in mind while coming up with the design of our space station.

Jun 28, 18 / Leo 11, 02 11:57 UTC

Схемы включения датчиков жизнеобеспечения на Земле не подходят для нашей Космической станции. Земные сети датчиков энергоемкие и не удовлетворяют критериям космоса. 

Я предлагаю другую схему построения сетей датчиков жизнеобеспечения.

1) В каждом отсеке модуль с датчиками должен быть независимый (ведущий) и продублирован резервным (ведомым), должен иметь основной канал и резервный.

2) Основной модуль с датчиками (ведущий) должен работать паралельно с резервным (ведомым)Во ремя работы резервный модуль контролирует передачу информации основного модуля. При сбое основного модуля, резервный мгновено передает свою правильную информацию и дополнительо аварийную сигнализацию с информацией кода ошибки неисправного блока.  

3) Все сети связи, между модулями с датчиками и центральными процессором, должны быть построены на основе волоконно-оптических линийх связи. Такие сети мало потребляют энергоресурсы, малый вес, высокая скорость передачи информации на большие растояния и на них не влияют электромагнитные помехи.

4) Большое число каналов при маленьких габаритах и весе. Это для нашей Космической станции очень важно.