Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 10:31 UTC

No non-Asgardians on the forums  

Everyone here is an Asgardian.  Every name has Asgardian after it in brackets - sometimes with an additional job title.

I think it would be good if people who are not yet ready to sign up as Asgardians could post on these forums.  People just looking for information before they decide to join - or reporters wanting to ask questions of Asgardians for articles they are writing.  Or even people who have decided to quit and refuse to sign the constitution, but are still interested in what is happening, because they might change their minds.

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 16:48 UTC

Hi @OllyG, Individuals do not need to be logged in to be able to see posts in the forums. Anyone can view the forum postings without actually having to login to the site. 

Personally; I feel that if someone wants to post or comment on a thread, then they should be willing to at least provide some sense of identification to others; even if it's an anonymous identity.

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 16:57 UTC

Leo is absolutely correct. I know of at least two banned members who were unable to log in (you know, because of being banned), and they were still able to read the forums normally. The same applies to the dozen or so folks I know who have asked to have their accounts deleted but keep getting pointed here with phrases like, "Can you believe they did that?". Even those who have departed Asgardia in disgust or frustration apparently are still too addicted to the drama to turn away and I, for one, appreciate the fact that the forums can be easily read by anyone with Internet access.

So, don't worry about folks not being able to read things without logging in. They can still easily do so.

EDIT: I missed half your statement. I apologize.

I think that allowing persons who are not Asgardians might be an insurmountable technical hurdle for our IT staff. If anything such persons can just email the administration and, hopefully, get a response faster than we Asgardians get responses.

YZF

Updated  on Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 17:01 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: missed the part about reporters asking questions

Jul 14, 17 / Leo 27, 01 20:22 UTC

I, for one, agree with Phicksur. Non-Asgardians being able to read the forums is perfectly fine. But allowing them to post would be opening up a whole can of worms of problems for IT and some other Asgardians as we would encounter many more spammers, trolls, and people who just generally want to cause trouble for our community.

Sep 2, 17 / Lib 21, 01 09:10 UTC

I tend to single out  non-Asgardian on the forums.

Last edited by:  Prajogi Iskandar (Asgardian)  on Sep 25, 17 / Sco 16, 01 13:28 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time