If we were to set up an account for the community to use which platform would you prefer it to be on?

Total number of votes: 43

62.8% Youtube

37.2% Twitch

Jan 22, 17 / Aqu 22, 01 12:55 UTC

What would you prefer the gaming society used?  

The Asgardia gaming society is growing and we want your feeback, the question is: "if we were to set up an account for the community to use which platform would you prefer it to be on?"

We feel that this question is important to ask now to test how you feel the community should grow and what we can do to make this a great success. The votes from the poll are not definate and once we get a Streaming & Video team set up we'll probably release another poll.

Until then please join our discord and make yourself known, If we can grow the community size then we will be able to be officially recognised by asgardia :)

Discord link: https://discord.gg/NNmhSuZ

Jan 22, 17 / Aqu 22, 01 13:07 UTC

Once Asgardian Gaming Channel is ready and flying... we could use that to incentive other to make "Asgardian News Channel" and "Asgardian Fun Channel" and goes on...

There's this facebook option to, to create a Page on Facebook and set admins/mods to stream.

I dont tested it, but i think in facebook can have more than one live at the same time... So, can make many GAMEPOV of the group who's playing...

A link to How to Stream in your Facebook Profile or Page:

https://iag.me/socialmedia/broadcast-computer-facebook-live/

Last edited by:  Alexandre-Yahoo Domingo de Albuquerque (Translator, Asgardian)  on Jan 22, 17 / Aqu 22, 01 13:08 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 23, 17 / Aqu 23, 01 17:23 UTC

Although they are not the only 2 streaming options, I favour Twitch because of the wide native support in many programs. This means those with no nerd-power can quickly be up and running.

Jan 30, 17 / Pis 02, 01 22:43 UTC

Why dont make our own platform of video with our rulls?

I ask that, but i don't know how codes that =P

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 05:54 UTC

I personally prefer to use YouTube over Twitch because of the fact that more people watch and spend more time on Youtube than they do on Twitch. But, most gaming YouTubers have Twitch accounts and live stream on twitch so maybe we could actually use both platforms instead of choosing one. If we had to choose between the two just for know, I would side with prefer to use Youtube.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 17:38 UTC

@Brown Bear

We had a discussion on using both but we are trying to decide on one or the other to start with. We will eventually be using both in the future.

Feb 20, 17 / Pis 23, 01 15:00 UTC

facebook gameroom

Apr 1, 17 / Tau 07, 01 03:16 UTC

Kiinda hard to decide Twitch was/is surely the most favourised option out there - as it has a pretty similar minded community behind it, but then youtube gaming is way more accessible for new channels to grow - as the advertisement there is pretty different then on twitch | making overall the life of new streamer's easier and brings more self confidence to the newly started broadcaster {insert thinkface here}

I'd prefer for myself, using restream.io as a main host & video decoder - where you can "relink" your stream, to pretty much any platform out there :) I'm not a payed user, so this shouldn't be any product advertisement <-- use it mainly as a stream decoder and also because their servers are more stable and not overused from hundreds of test streamers :P

Picked, Twitch - this | next to Hitbox.tv are actually pretty common hosting options YT userbase is kinda b*chy, but then rly helps you getting the advertise you deserve (:

Jul 31, 17 / Vir 16, 01 18:25 UTC

I'd say live stream on twitch, than upload to youtube, pool all proceeds earned by this and have a vote to decide what will be done w/ it. JMI