May 6, 19 / Gem 14, 03 22:13 UTC
Asgardia needs fixing ¶
There has to be a real adjustment to the way Asgardia is being run, if it doesn't wana tank and go the way of the Mars One Project.
The fees and this nonsense about 1000.00 for some certificate or buying stock has to go. It doesn't work. If anyone is paying, it isn't enough money coming in to fund any promise of a future that Asgardia was intended to be.
* Buying stock is intended as being something done for companies. Not Nations or Kingdoms. There has to be differentiation between terminology in fees, and taxes. There can not be any taxation in any form, with out JOB CREATION AND IMPLEMENTATION. If one wants to charge a membership fee. Then do just that.
* There has to be a double pronged approach for creating income, one there should be a project set aside to gain real investors, NOT members or supporters, who are barely getting by in life and have to pay real taxes to the real government they pay it to that will toss them in jail if they dont pay. By creating a real product to invest in, it in turn creates an income Asgardia can use to then transfer into Asgardian Currency, which in turn can be used to pay Asgardian employees , ONCE Asgardian JOBS are created, An then Asgardian Taxes can be imposed and paid via Asgardian Currency. Something worth creating to invest in, would be a new Internet Service Provider, by Asgardia, with an email service that can be charged, and with that charge, would be an email system that doesn't get flooded with spam ( there are companies out there like this already ) . I.S.P companies are constantly screwing with customers by slowing internet speeds or blocking content, Asgardia could rise above that nonsense easily.
* IF an I.S.P isn't something that floats anyones boat, there are tons of Ideas here an else where, that can advance Asgardia, and be pitched as something to invest in to REAL investors. Though that requires a business plan, by someone with a business degree who understands how to create and market such an idea. It would have to be practical and achievable with in a year.
Promising bragging rights is nonsense an should never be mentioned again. If anything by using terminology as Membership Fee, one thing that could be offered very easily for ones fee, is a permanent annotation via a permanent page, honoring those who actually contributed hard earned money in the form of a membership fee, that then would be something for posterity , something tangible that says, look, I believe in Asgardia here is the proof. An it at least offers a tiny something to those who wanted Asgardia to work.
* By the looks of threads of the past, A lot of members were not happy with parts of the laws that were created. Asgardia needs a rewriting of these rules. 2 years and not getting things right, doesn't mean to sit there and go, oh well that is the way it is. All hail the king. If it were serious. Someone would take notice of what has been said in regards to complaints of the laws in place. An then create a survey, a poll, and or, ask for open ended feedback, that in turn these mayors and parliament members can look at , and then work off of. To correct said concerns.
* These postings of space and science news articles is misleading on this website and should stop. It gives the impression that this is Asgardia related, and none of it is. The only thing Asgardia has done, is acquire and get into low earth orbit a cube sat. An the excitement from that accomplishment is over. The only news related items on this website should be actual Asgardia news , not related news links or articles from other sources an then posted here .
*There has been beyond good sound projects suggested to be done by Asgardia, all of which will never happen for a few reasons, mainly, our ideas are evidently not meshing with Igors plan. This is not our play ground but Igors, it is his money , his investment, so it is his game. It will take independent people with the money, to invest into projects they want to see take place, and then slap the name of Asgardia on it, and to use the name and images of Asgardia is going to cost more money, unless it is approved by Igor to do so for free. Which it should be free considering the idea is to do something with ones own money.
I do not see Asgardia lasting 10 years from this date. I suspect it will fade away when Igor passes on. I doubt there is any verbage or law that states what happens when Igor passes on, who takes his place. More over who legally takes his place in the eyes of what ever part of the United Nations that recognizes Asgardia.
Asgardia had potential, and then it got smashed to pieces with fees and taxes. An bad idea after bad idea being implemented left and right. There was zero transparency in the voting process on any level, the competitions to make a flag and anthem seemed to me to be very fake, and computer generated . Both of which should of been recorded with hand drawn images which then were digitalized and music composed first before being auto tuned and pieced together on a computer program, both could of been posted in a file of sort that could of been viewed by any one to see the beginning to end creation process.
A three year progress plan of sorts needs to be created and implemented. Ranging from creating I. Ds that are easily attainable, job creation, an a plethora of other things that could be tossed in, on top of actual goals to get physically into space. Be it putting an Asgardian Rover on Mars that can do anything and not be mucked with by N.A.S.A . Or putting one on the Dark Side of the Moon, to creating a time capsule / probe an shooting it off to the next star system.
Instead, it is all just games, and posturing , everything being done by those at the top of Asgardia comes off of as dishonest. An periodically we get some sort of official that pops in to try an quell complaints, to pass them off as rumors, and then never to be heard from again. IF nothing is going to be done in space in the next 10 years, let alone the next three, then change the name from Space Nation, to the Internet Nation. At least that would be honest an accurate.