Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 00:11 UTC

Astrophysics  

Discussion.

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 04:09 UTC

Serious Asgardians will need a basic grasp of orbital dynamics. I assume our space habitat will be unpowered, in equilibrium or in orbit. The physical laws of a body in elliptic orbit can be further simplified if the behavior is treated as a class of orbits without reference to starting times or inclination of the orbit or positional references to other bodies. The parameters of orbit are reduced from six to two. These two are most important since they will hold for any orbit. ####
Orbital dynamics becomes a logical outgrowth of elementary school algebra. The whole pantheon can be derived from the Right-Angle Theorem, more commonly known as the theorem ascribed to Pythagoras. Our forum still doesn't have an upload facility, so I ask the moderators to go to the following link as place the PDF in Asgardia's free library. Others have said we can build our own Wikipedia. http://www.psignologic.net/tryorbit1.html #### This website is noncommercial. Members, feel free to view online or download for your own reference.

Jan 3, 17 / Aqu 03, 01 12:29 UTC

Wouldn't serious Asgardians already be comfortable with orbital dynamics? I was plotting slingshots in simulators when I was 8... Strikes me as the sort of thing to be most useful for those who aren't as serious. It'd certainly make sense to feature, at least in it's most basic forms, as part of the educational system - once we actually have an educational system, ofc.

Ideally, we would place station(s) into belts that wouldn't require maintainence, but not all locations would be entirely viable to afford such a position. Either way, lacking propulsion at all is a seriously flawed concept. Especially when it could only take moving a few meters to the left to avoid an impact. RCS is long term unsuitable IMHO.

I'd not expect an upload facility for some time. Lets assume you could trust random users to not fill it with "amusing" cat videos and other plagues of the interwebs, and to say you'd afford each user a 5GB qouta, at current populations that'd need to eat 2.75PB of HD. Just under $130000USD for HD's, and racks to put them in. Then there's the associated hosting costs for these machines...

However, one of the 2TB drives(predicted payload) in the machine powering this site could be dedicated to storages for "collaborational tools" rather trivially, and the tools themselves would allow for creation of various documents(pictures, .pdf, text files, speadsheets, databases etc) and additionally allow for real-time collaborative editing - As I type into the document, what I type is on your screen in realtime. Allowing for multiple users to compose the same document rapidly facilitating developments. 2TB isn't a lot of space, nowadays, but it should serve to hold the majority of the documents we'd actually need to be working on, about now.

Updated  on Jan 3, 17 / Aqu 03, 01 12:31 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: typo

Jan 4, 17 / Aqu 04, 01 03:57 UTC

Yes. I understand the constraints. Still, I'd like some indication of members making use of the link. When I say basic, this is just that, but a handy reference. It's hard for PhD-level scholars to remember whether such & such an equation has plus or minus signs.

Jan 21, 17 / Aqu 21, 01 19:08 UTC

Well since a Satellite is to be launched shortly, clearly we have an astrophysics team already.

I agree that all Asgardians should take a course in basic celestial mechanics and a living in space 101.

What would be interesting is for us Asgardians to start properly looking at platonic solids, sacred geometry, crystal technologies. Currently, public astrophysics and science advancements have been fairly limited and constrained. 95% of the universe is considered either dark energy or dark matter. Clearly, we need a renaissance in physics that can bring spiritual understanding and sacred geometry back in line with science. Doing this is going to be the key to zero point devices that will be critical to our understanding of the universe and how to live comfortably among the stars.