Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 00:27 UTC

Asgardian Boinc/folding@home team  

Should Asgardia have an official Boinc and/or folding@home crowd computing team in order to increase visibility worldwide? This would immediately allow us to have a positive impact on science and technology as a whole, a principle that Asgardia was founded on. Many users of these platforms who don't know about it already would be introduced to Asgardia, potentially attracting a large scientifically literate crowd, a useful asset.

One thing to note is "July 24 2015: Creation of BOINC-wide teams has been disabled because of spammers. Contact David Anderson if you want to create a BOINC-wide team." https://boinc.berkeley.edu/teams/

However, it seems that folding@home still allows public team registration. http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/createteam.pl

Updated  on Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 00:35 UTC, Total number of edits: 3 times
Reason: links

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 16:52 UTC

I support such an idea. I am a big supporter of open science and crowdsourcing.

Dec 24, 16 / Cap 23, 00 08:15 UTC

I totally agree. Maybe is too soon yet, but in the mid term it would be nice to have a Boinc channel to allow Asgardians to investigate. May this be used for the chryptocurrency suggested in other post?

Dec 25, 16 / Cap 24, 00 02:33 UTC

I am in for it. For people who have no clue about what is discussed here may read a bit at the GridRepublic webpage. Assimilate some Project Descriptions and you'll love the idea: https://www.gridrepublic.org

Dec 25, 16 / Cap 24, 00 03:21 UTC

This is not a bad idea... it supports Asgardian principles and encourages member participation.

Dec 27, 16 / Cap 26, 00 23:17 UTC

Yay! So what is the order of operations to get things done? Do we sign a petition, or appoint a lead member? I'm sure there's already an official operations manager? I just don't think a group project like this should be instituted by just anybody. This will reflect our resolve to assist, and protect in the best way! Don't want that accidentally deleted by an inexperienced member.

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 01:44 UTC

let me know if we start a folding@home team. I have plenty of spare CPU cycles to donate.

Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 02:24 UTC

Can count with me too

Dec 30, 16 / Cap 29, 00 04:57 UTC

Hi all,

Thank you for bringing this awesome project idea to our attention. We will endeavor to make this a reality for you, please bear with us as we prepare an official proposal. Dom

Dec 30, 16 / Cap 29, 00 08:14 UTC

Great news, Dominic!

I'm waiting to be able to share my computing power with Asgardia.

Regards

Jorge

Jan 3, 17 / Aqu 03, 01 05:56 UTC

Count me in as well!

I have a lot of spare CPU cycles up for grabs. My computer is sitting idle most of the time and running 24/7. I look at the thing probably about an hour a day and that is just to read my emails.

Jan 3, 17 / Aqu 03, 01 15:01 UTC

Count me in on this. My PC's spend most of the time idle.

Jan 6, 17 / Aqu 06, 01 18:57 UTC

It is a very interesting idea, I hope it will realized soon.

Jan 16, 17 / Aqu 16, 01 02:53 UTC

I'd be willing to join an Asgardian BOINC team.