Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 15:00 UTC

New Video Contest!  

Hello Asgardia! Rebekah here! We have another contest for our creative Asgardia citizens out there! For our new contest, we ask that you submit a 1-5 minute film about Asgardia. Your film can either be a documentary or a fiction film. Documentary Films should include an element of philosophy, symbolism, the future of humanity, etc. Some suggestions for documentaries include interviews with people who have original ideas on Asgardia, chronicles of how and why you became an Asgardia citizen, ideas on what Asgardia means for the future of humanity and anything else about Asgardia you feel would be interesting. Fiction Films can be of any genre - drama, comedy, melodrama, etc., and for example may be about life on the 27th century, or about the first Asgardia space travelers, or about anything else that triggers your creative thinking about Asgardia. Video Contest Click on the link to find out more about this amazing contest! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Kind regards, Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Last edited by:  Christina Cole (Asgardian, Global Admin)  on Jun 23, 17 / Leo 06, 01 19:59 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 15:10 UTC

I am not seeing any 'due dates' or expiration dates.

When would this contest be concluded?

Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 15:26 UTC

Hi!

Thank you for pointing this out. The end date if May 31, 2017.

We'll get the page updated asap. :)

Kind regards,
Rebekah

Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 16:40 UTC

Thanks for your support! Have a great day.

Updated  on May 19, 17 / Gem 27, 01 05:38 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 17:26 UTC

Um, all the materials used in the site transfer each time you load a page?

I've not noted anything in vector format.

Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 17:52 UTC

I believe (if I am reading the HTML correctly) that the site is using:

http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Exo+2:100,100i,200,200i,300,300i,400,400i,500,500i,600,600i,700,700i,800,800i,900,900i&subset=cyrillic,latin-ext

Not really sure what that means, as there are a bunch of css files involved here. Exo 2 Sans Serif is used in the tabs at the top of the screen.

Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 17:56 UTC

There are Issues:

• To limit a clip to royalty free contents is a paranoid approach. Those who make the movie should take care of the copyrights they do use. Don't ban them, ask for their approval by those who submit. If they deliver materials that allow them (and Asgardia) to publish the contents, everything is fine.

• Limiting the filmmaking to people who are already 18 years old is discriminatory. Open the filmmaking to any Asgardian with the requirement that people who are not 18 years old have to ask for allowance by their parents (or persons who are responsible according to local laws).

• The requirement to obtain the copyright as a publisher is only logical when you are the driving financial force at the movie. I wouldn't give a copyright away to a vaguely defined frame of reuse. I would create a contract as an author that ensures that my properties are used properly.

Anyway, best of luck to all who participate in the contest.

Updated  on Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 18:06 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 17:56 UTC

Think you'll find it's a bunch of thicknesses/weights - the "i" being "italic", and the symbollic subset used.

Updated  on Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 17:59 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Additional data

Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 18:01 UTC

7 days to create a Video from scratch is a very short time.

Not 7 days, 2 whole months. Due date is MAY 31st.

As a video editor of some experience, I concur that 7 days isn't enough time to do crap that isn't obviously crap, but we have a couple months here.

And, of course, we could always try that strange, spooky thing called collaboration.

Limiting the filmmaking to people who are already 18 years old is discriminatory.

People who are not 18 (in most countries) cannot give permission for their videos to be used. I expect that Asgardian Management wants these videos for some reason and they are trying to be obtuse about it. It would be better if they just said, "Hey, who can make us a great promotional video?" but they think they are being sly about it. Silly them.

Updated  on Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 18:08 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Mar 24, 17 / Ari 27, 01 18:06 UTC

Oh, thanks... it feels like i still sleeping, sorry ^^ Edited.

Jun 1, 17 / Can 12, 01 06:08 UTC

Don't mean to be the harbinger of bad news but my video never got uploaded despite forwarding it to citizens, and they forwarded it to the uploader. Meaning the official youtube channel. Unfortunately they've been awaiting feedback also for almost two days despite having uploaded my project in time and also forwarding it. I contacted citizens due to privacy protection concerns as I am unable to edit my legal name. Realising my legal name would have been used this is why I had to opt out. I am sad because I put my sweat and blood into this and my video just didn't get noticed by the uploader. It was also my birthday :( I guess now no one knows what to do. As somebody above said they don't know about the expiration date. Because it's ended it's just unlucky that they did not notice my project before it ended. I put a lot of work into this and since I'm not in for consideration I'd like if even one person saw my Asgardia trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVSa22gqI3c&t=12s

I was told I could try uploading my stuff onto my channel and they would forward the link.They already did that but I've waited over 40 hours now. Meaning they had to wait for feedback too. The up loader never saw it.

Last edited by:  Ilena Ra (Asgardian)  on Jun 1, 17 / Can 12, 01 06:15 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jun 1, 17 / Can 12, 01 23:51 UTC

@Ana-Ophelia
For the very few it can worth, I saw your video and liked it. Well done.

Jun 11, 17 / Can 22, 01 17:15 UTC

Hello Rebeka and hello to everyone:

It is not my specialty to create videos or I will not be able to do anything in this forum. I wanted to raise an idea, let's see: every day new developments and new approaches in the heart of Asgardia. Could you make a newspaper or something similar that featured the most outstanding news and also the most interesting forums? So we would not have to spend hours browsing in FACEBOOK, TWITTER or ASGARDIAN SPACE to keep up with the information. I am interested in many topics and I want to be useful to the community but I have to spend hours in front of the PC to have some information. I understand that it is a task of great dimensions, as the work is multiplied by the number of languages spoken by all Asgardians. But I think that's necessary for transparency vis-a-vis people. It would also appeal to other citizens who have doubts about whether to become Asgardian or not. It could serve as a hook. Dont you think? Translated with Google.

Hola Rebeka y hola a todo el mundo:
No es mi especialidad crear vídeos o sea que no podré hacer nada en este foro. Yo quería plantear una idea, veamos: a diario se producen novedades y nuevos planteamientos en el seno de Asgardia. Podría hacerse un periódico o algo similar donde apareciesen las noticias más destacadas y también los foros más interesantes? Así no tendríamos que pasar horas hojeando en FACEBOOK, TWITTER o ASGARDIAN SPACE para estar al día con la información. A mi me interesan muchos temas y quiero ser útil a la comunidad pero tengo que pasar horas frente al PC para tener un poco de información. Entiendo que es una tarea de grandes dimensiones, pues el trabajo se multiplica por la cantidad de lenguas que hablan todos los asgardianos. Pero creo que eso es necesario para la transparencia de cara a la gente. Además serviría de atractivo para otros ciudadanos que tengan dudas sobre si convertirse en asgardiano o no. Podría servir de gancho. No crees? Traducido con Google. 

Jun 20, 17 / Leo 03, 01 00:27 UTC

Hello,

I saw a youtube posted by Orphela, it looks neat