Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 15:22 UTC

How will we keep our immune system and future generations immune systems strong for earth?  

Proven study shows our immune systems weaken in a controlled environment since we could make sure barely any sickness will appear will cause our immune systems to lower, going back to earth and getting a cold, litteraly would be the worse. So how how will we stay immune? It will be awhile before we can go back to earth without burning up in the atmosphere.

Mar 30, 17 / Tau 05, 01 15:59 UTC

Ok, ignoring the stuff that doesn't make a lick of sense, I can answer the immune system part.

In basic terms, inoculations. When new diseases spread on Earth, and vaccines or similar infections are dealt with, we should receive those vaccines and be able to inoculate the citizens so, when or if they need to return to Earth, they will be prepared.

As long as the living conditions on the station are not sterile, our immune systems should remain strong and prepared.

MVG

Apr 1, 17 / Tau 07, 01 19:59 UTC

But controlled environments always lower immune systems, all astronauts who come back from space always get more ill than before.and yeah we don't have to be sterile but pretty sure for a space station it's gonna be pretty sterile. I've done my studies and we are at risk of lowering our immune systems just by going up there, maybe later on add a park with litteral donated plants and soul which maybe that will help.

Apr 1, 17 / Tau 07, 01 23:36 UTC

It might be a one way trip for early adopters. 

Certainly something to build towards in the long run.

Apr 3, 17 / Tau 09, 01 13:39 UTC

> But controlled environments always lower immune systems, all astronauts who come back from space always get more ill than before.and yeah we don't have to be sterile but pretty sure for a space station it's gonna be pretty sterile. I've done my studies and we are at risk of lowering our immune systems just by going up there, maybe later on add a park with litteral donated plants and soul which maybe that will help.

I have been designing a station that is not sterile. It isn't a cesspit either, but it should be good enough to keep our immune systems up and not be completely vulnerable.

PJS

Apr 5, 17 / Tau 11, 01 16:49 UTC

You sure? 

Apr 5, 17 / Tau 11, 01 17:48 UTC

> You sure? 

Dude. This is science. Nothing is 'sure'. If you want 'sure', check out religion. They absolutely KNOW everything.

It is, however, testable and reproducible.

PVH

Apr 10, 17 / Tau 16, 01 01:52 UTC

Really? Religion? I know your being sarcastic but dude I find religion stupid and pointless, second I ask "You sure?" Because I'm no expert but making a image file environment in space has many consequences especially it will be difficult just to help our immune systems and keep the station in good condition so that we don't have failing systems because it's unsertile enough to mess with the station. I know what I'm talking about to. What we should do is see if someone will donate a piece of land so we can have a space station park to help, there are some bad to that, but not as much as you think. Litteraly before you get some sass and sarcastic additive, read my post, I do know what I'm saying. I've studied this stuff because I've actually wanted to see space and knew it would damage me and be risky. I do my best to think of ways to survive and trust me this will not be easy in any way.

Apr 11, 17 / Tau 17, 01 04:08 UTC

Not gonna lie that's not a bad idea, but who's okay eating compost? Ik I'm not lol but good suggestion, better than alot said so far

Apr 13, 17 / Tau 19, 01 18:17 UTC

As I understand it one of the problems for the immune system in space is the effects of microgravity which cause a significant immune weakening. Microgravity may also enhance bacterial virulence. I think perhaps more research needs to be done on the topic to ensure future generations have strong immune systems. There's an interesting related article here also

https://www.nasa.gov/content/study-reveals-immune-system-is-dazed-and-confused-during-spaceflight-u