is real time/timely communication our first priority at this point?

Total number of votes: 3

100% Yes

0% No

Jun 28, 17 / Leo 11, 01 22:09 UTC

**Ministry of Information and Communication**  

Official introduction. 

Hello, I'm Aaron. 

Since this isn't a political party or an aligned affiliation with some agenda, I figured it best just to introduce myself as plainly and unceremoniously as possible. 

I am already specially suited being that I have vast experience and expertise in the Aerospace Technology fields. I worked as an  Analyst and team lead for a leading Aerospace corporation most recently and have over 20 years of experience with communications/technology. 

I also have run multiple departments for corporate offices and have project management , medical, and leadership skills taught by the U.S. Army. 

I am a firm believer in the right to personal privacy/liberty as well as security, and one should not infringe on the other. 

I have attended University of Wisconsin and Taken courses at both M.I.T. OCW, and Harvard's CS50 EDX. I hold multiple certifications and training certificates from too many technology companies and educational institutions to post, in the technology, education, sociology and medical fields. 

I study physics and psychology as a hobby, and spend every minute i can with my 5 year old daughter who is also my best friend. I am not married, and have no corporate or governmental ties/allegiances other than my U.S. Citizenship. 

I am an ENTJ-A for those who know what that is, I have qualified for Mensa and "Triple 9" Society at age 12, but am not affiliated with either. I do however spend quite a bit of time with friends, especially from my Krav Maga training class, discussing various topics that we see relevant and contemporary. 

Im not going to spout some flour-y rant about my goals for the future, or what my politics are because that doesnt matter. This job, to me, is simple and very logical. When the populace speaks as to what they want to see in the information/communication infrastructure, or projects etc, i find a way to get it done. Its pretty simple to me. 

I have always maintained that elected officials are not to voice their own opinions and hopefully align with the populace, that elected officials should get the opinion of the populace and represent their desires and opinions, no matter their own. SO... that's me. I'm going to do what I think is right in every instance, and be honest about it one way or another. Plain and simple. And I will ask, before representing my constituents ignorantly, or in the matter of immediate need, I will do what i think they want, not what I want. 

SO the questions to start off with are not of the sky, but of terrestrial communication. 

Like, using facebook or whatsapp for our group communication, polling etc. Any further options you would like to offer as to real time communication, or forums topics, etc. 

I believe this is the place to start. How to get our communications about important topics as quickly and efficiently done as possible for now. 

(apparently this site will only allow two options for a poll, and the "Add a poll option" is not working. So lets go with 

Jun 29, 17 / Leo 12, 01 00:14 UTC

Hey, if you can communicate more effectively than those in charge thus far have managed to communicate, and are able to answer actual questions, you'd have my vote!

if I could vote

PFG

Updated  on Jun 29, 17 / Leo 12, 01 00:14 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jun 29, 17 / Leo 12, 01 13:25 UTC

May I say "impressive curriculum vitae", @Generationxile?
Something I really hoped to read even from others, instead of just the "vote for me, vote for me, vote for me" useless mantra (or even others scam-like posts to attract your attention with interesting subjects only to add, as bottom line, the usual "vote for me, vote for me, vote for me").

If you'll be able to really manage timely communications into Asgardia you'll be a (chilo)meter above the current administration.
My best wishes about it as, reading, you seem more than able doing it for real.
I'm just a little sad I can't vote for you (I can't vote at all, or I'll do for sure), as I don't accept to be ruled by a king with full powers, but this is another thing, not pertaining to here.

Jun 29, 17 / Leo 12, 01 15:34 UTC

Thank you both. I genuinely will do the best i can to do effectively and efficiently communicate. 

Which is why im concerned about the current state of communication. its a kind of "crap shoot" as far as what info gets sent out and from where, and from whom. I see posts From Dr. Ashurbeyli on the site, but found like 3 different facebook groups in regard to Asgardia, and even listened to a podcast about a "Project Jericho" that I had no clue about (and honestly still am not clear on) how it relates to anything specific to Asgardia. 

I am of the opinion that the first thing we need to do in all of this is develop two methods of communication. Once being real time and immediate for use by the Ministers and local leaders etc. And One method (which the forums or the site can serve as) for official Non-time requirement communiques. I simple way to say "Here is the constitution that is up for vote, (posted on the forum for instance) Vote on each clause yay or nay. Then when we dont get the turn out that we need to ratify it, send out a "live message" to your local leaders that basically says "hey check in with your constituents, remind them voting opens today and will go for x days and we need x ammount of votes. etc. Or if we for instance have a referendum on communication that (granted its in the far future but i use this for example purposes) asks whether Asgardia should have far field mics in every location on the station that listens for specific words, or everyone should have bone mics that require tactile engagement (pressing a button to talk) for privacy issues. In that instance, rather than go by what I would prefer (and thus not representing my bosses {constituents} I would send out a message on the timelier messaging platform and see what everyone's thoughts are. 

While we are terra-tethered, this is, in my opinion, of tantamount importance. We need to get messages from Dr. Ashurbeyli that everyone can see in a full, transparent, and timely manner, as well as a more real time method of communicating with our leaders and ministers etc. Proposals for communications method are the first step. The real time chat/call/text etc method should also allow for individual citizen communication. we are a global/extraglobal society that needs a real time communication method that allows our citizens to speak with each other and create camaraderie. 

A FEW METHODS SUGGESTED:

SIP servers with CVOIP phones/computer lines or SMS protocol, 

Jabber-like messenger or chat clients, 

Facebook messenger, 

WhatsApp chats among leadership and each group's members

any other method proposed. Technology requires innovation and input  / better ideas. 

This is where we should start. I'm going to start an official Ministry or Info/Comms thread  to get a handle on the way people are thinking about this. Gather some consensus. 

Aaron (Generationxile)

Jun 29, 17 / Leo 12, 01 15:38 UTC

Many of us use Discord.

The most popular is the Gaming Discord channel (but no political talk allowed in there). It can be found here: https://discord.gg/x5NcCzJ

AEZ

Jun 29, 17 / Leo 12, 01 16:43 UTC

As I was into Telecommunications IT, I know the difference from "protocols" to "applications", pretty sure you know all that too: I personally recommend, just to avoid to reinvent the wheel, to use well-known (and well-made) protocols, while try avoiding "third parties" applications (even if not mandatory).

There is a ton of different, useful and usable applications, starting from the old good IRC (which have been recommended to be replaced by XMPP, eventually), passing through ICQ, to arrive at Skype, FB Messenger and Discord. Many of them implementing text-chat (even UTF-8/16/32 and emoji), voice support up to cam/video, person to person or even channels/rooms, direct-send or store-and-forward. All these features will be evaluated, some of them could be a need while others just a nice-to-have.

But, speaking about "a nation", the "security" and "privacy" elements are not an option and, even if me and "my friends", other users and citizens, can freely speak about games into Discord's Asgardia Gaming channels, I'm really not sure that Asgardia Government's affairs should pass into "third parties" servers, unless end-to-end encryption (even when broadcast) is implemented.

About protocols, I also suggest to use RFC-kind ones, "open source" ones, instead of proprietary ones, even when the latter have been publicly released, if possible, so to not be bound to "third parties" decisions which may conflict with Asgardia's needs and, in the future, may be closed (ended) or have fees we may decide not to pay.

I'm not going in deep into each protocol/application's details, mine is just a general speech. I like what you're saying, @Generationxile, maybe the first time I can read something "concrete" into Asgardia.

Jun 29, 17 / Leo 12, 01 17:43 UTC

I completely agree about the privacy concerns, as well as the open source need to avoid corp influence with the infrastructure of our communications network. Lets start off like this..,.

Lets get official "wish list" going that ascertains priority of things like security and separate rooms etc. that will allow us to rank our communication needs and the wants, and come up with a concrete plan to establish multinational communication methods that adhere to the needs and address as many of the "wants" as we can.  Ill see what i can do with this thread but it appears that to do a poll, it has to be at the beginning of the thread. This is frustrating as all get out right now communicating like this when polling a populace.