Vote for Me. 

Core Goals: Unity, Virtual space.

One of Asgardia’s truly noble goals is to unify people under one goal and one banner. But this is very difficult as people from Asgardia come from all over the world and it’s very difficult to get together. I want to push for virtual technology to create virtual space where Asgardians can truly come together, bond, collaborate, share knowledge and share experience. 

This is a lengthy post, but I encourage you to read it and understand why I am worth your vote.

Who am I? 

My name is Ross Cheeseright, I’m 33 years old I worked for several years as a data analyst before moving on to study Software Engineering. I am currently a second-year student and run a small digital marketing that specializes in getting small businesses online. I have been passionate about Asgardia the moment I heard about it and I have a strong desire to turn a lot of talk into a lot of action. 

Why Virtual Reality?

Virtual Reality is an emerging technology that gives people amazing capabilities and opportunities that they might not otherwise have access to. I plan to leverage this technology to ‘Centralize’ Asgardia for the following reasons: 

1. The International community insists that we have a ‘defined territory’ and a ‘permanent population’ but there is no more land available on Earth, it’s all been claimed by other powers. With Virtual Reality we’ll be able to create a world that all Asgardians will have access to and will be able to have a virtual home upon and symbolically and technically prove that we’re a people who exist within a defined territory. 
  2. With Virtual Reality, Asgardia will be able to create schools, training facilities, entertainment, theatres, art, gather together to hold concerts, enjoy live stand-up performances. It will give our people a place to gather and live. 
  3. Virtual Reality will provide a source of income – By creating a virtual world, we will have something to offer to the international community. People will be able to visit our virtual world to undertake ‘long distance study’ at our universities, to visit our art installations, to play our games, to buy our services and all this will help to generate income for our people and our nation. 
  4. A Virtual World is a good ‘test’ for us as a population. By using a virtual world we’ll start to be able to understand what life is going to be like living together, without having to spend billions on floating platforms or buying land. We can test government, legal practices, trace and simulate a whole host of other activities of daily living.

I am still only just learning about how to create virtual reality, but I know that there are a lot of skilled people out there that I can organize to bring this technology to benefit us. 

What else? 

I believe in action, I don’t just want to sit around talking and philosophising about what Asgardia could be. I want to act so that people around us start to take us seriously. At the moment I am doing this by 

1. Running for Strategist so that I can start to organize people and create projects. 
  2. Raising awareness of Asgardia so that we get more members.
  3. Writing a blog on the topic of Asgardia (www.nerdblog.co.uk)
  4. Creating a community site that will help spread word of Asgardia and the good work that we do.
  5. Doing my civic duty by voting, raising awareness of voting and participating in discussions. 

What are my goals if you get elected?

There is a lot of work to do to get Asgardia on it’s feet, and I am prepared to give a lot of my time and dedication to the nation. These are my immediate goals if I get elected. 

1. Centralize my community – Start bringing people together and sorting them out into ‘Citizens’ and ‘Activists’. Citizens are those that want to be a part of Asgardia and Activists are those that want to volunteer their time and help Asgardia grow. 
  2. Take stock – Find out details about what resources we have available and at our disposal.
  3. Start Fundraising – If we want to do things, we’re going to need resources. Fundraising and supporting local businesses will be central to this.
  4. Start building Asgardia’s reputation – We need to take control of the narrative, we’ll be using digital marketing techniques to spread word of Asgardia and have people start taking us seriously. 
  5. Work with other local leaders and Set up a committee for the application and development of VR / AR technologies. 
  6. Be completely transparent in my activities, results, work and communications so that people can freely scrutinise my activities.

So if you want action as I do, and if you want Asgardia to be taken seriously as I do, then lend me your support and we shall make people take note. 

Vote for Me.