Nov 23, 17 / Sag 19, 01 06:26 UTC

LAws for public viewing  

I propose that once parliament is established iit create a wiki based system to house Asgardian laws.

A user hierarchy like parliament, leader, citizen could be set up to ensure all laws' history can be read by all, changed when appropriate, and commented on by some local representatives.

Furthermore the wiki system is the highest evolution of categorization, beyond database itself and I think is perfect for many of the features lacking in asgardia.space - though perhaps a more complex permission hierarchy would be needed... it could easily be extended for the above purpose as well as many others, from meeting each other, to special interest groups and other projects to just keeping a history of Asgardia and linking of everything in between in an orderly way. I think a wiki would be invaluable.

Last edited by:  Asgardian 794177 (Asgardian, Candidate)  on Nov 23, 17 / Sag 19, 01 06:29 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Nov 23, 17 / Sag 19, 01 20:47 UTC

I would prefer an entirely new system that would allow Parliamentary voting.  Sort of like petitions but with it open to see who voted for what.  Only bills being voted on would be placed in the system and then they would be saved as passed or failed for later viewing.

Nov 24, 17 / Sag 20, 01 15:34 UTC

I like your propose Chris, I think that removing the barrier between law and people it's a great achievement.
Hi Christina. A wiki system should contain a voting system when you want to modify something.
Imagine how much that system can shorten the burocratical timing!!

Nov 25, 17 / Sag 21, 01 09:42 UTC

An online publicly-accessable and searchable wiki or database is definitely a good idea as well as having a log of all cast votes within it so that it can double as a legislative responsibility site. It would need to be hard-coded to prevent ghost-edits, however, for such transparency to have any meaning. Restricting who can edit but making change logs publicly visible so there is a full public record of any and all changes, even if they are merely typographical.

Last edited by:  Lila Redden (Asgardian, Candidate)  on Nov 25, 17 / Sag 21, 01 09:43 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 3, 18 / Aqu 03, 02 17:10 UTC

I find very interesting the thoughts of all of you