Dec 29, 16 / Cap 28, 00 01:14 UTC

Re: The question of mariage and civil union  

I see no issue with a civil union as long as all party are in consent and the proper taxes and such are paid.

Dec 31, 16 / Cap 30, 00 23:07 UTC

Great!

That can be done with an email and an email confirmation from all parts.

What is in the contract should be a wide range of rights and duties that people commonly fulfill with marriage, all parties involved must opt in to the ones they want to be protected by that contract.

Starting by writing a letter to the asgardian government listing all emails that will be in the contract.

That can be done from a webpage.

In that message they ask for the official link to be sent to those emails, so that if a person is not asgardian can recieve a link to fallow asgrardian citizenship procedures.

Once that procedure is done, the email is in the database but the person is not yet asgardian, they will just be able to continue.

Then they can independently opt in on the rights and duties they want and recieve an email explaining which are the things they didn't chose commonly. That can give a broader spectrum of the relationship.

Finally they are asked if they want to opt in to those things they didn't choose, they can press all or just the ones they want, it's up to them how many times it goes back and forward, once they agree, boom it's done.

They are in the system, their confirmation is sent and they can recieve an official Asgardian certification of union and the contract for a fee.

That fee goes to the asgardian government.

And is a wonderful thing they can both display wherever they are.

They should be able to choose the language they want the certificate, the template and the quantity of copies separately and pay separately, other things could be added.

It is important to provide security, so that contracts have to be renewed after a cool down period to ensure a healthy relationship and a sense of responsibility before and after.

People should be free to chose who they want to be in a relationship with asgardian, earthling, alien, it's all good if they can use an email.

Legal age should be open to discussion.

There's no need to limit how many are in the relationship or what gender they are. But there can only be one contract, with full names.

Thats my idea for a civil union agreement as things are today.

Inputs and feedback is welcome.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by:  Carlos Alfredo BENJAMIN MARTINEZ (Asgardian)  on Jan 8, 17 / Aqu 08, 01 16:25 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 6, 17 / Aqu 06, 01 21:57 UTC

@Carlitos "That can be done with an email and an email confirmation from both parts."

Not "both parts." but "all parts". Point is that can be more than two members in the civil union if all members of the civil union agree with that.

@Carlitos "Legal age should be open to discussion."

I disagree. Legal age need to be same for all no matter on sex, religion, etc. Legal age need to be determined by law and after it is determined need to be protected by the law. "The legal protection of the legal age" in context of civil union should prevent that by any other legislative act or parent agreement it is changed.

If minor is parent, it should have rights of parent, but without signed civil union or any other act till the legal age is reached and that individual can say "I willingly join this civil union".

The legal age should be, among all, determined with age to have work e.g with money / existence independence.

Also we need to prevent that parents give word or sign document in the name of child (prevent with big money punishment and lost of parenthood over other children). E.g any document of that type cannot obligate child in any way after the legal age is reached by that child.

Last edited by:  Tomislava Lovakovic (Asgardian)  on Jan 7, 17 / Aqu 07, 01 00:01 UTC, Total number of edits: 14 times

Jan 8, 17 / Aqu 08, 01 16:31 UTC

@Valwary Thank you! I fixed it.

What I mean is it should be open to discussion now.

Maybe start a topic on that "legal age".

Have a nice day.

Jan 9, 17 / Aqu 09, 01 18:50 UTC

I would like to suggest that we think outside the box of marriage and civil union as these are concepts of current earthly governments. We are building something new. A new world with new ideas. Let's not be limited to the possible mistakes of the past.

Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 23:38 UTC

Double post

Updated  on Jan 19, 17 / Aqu 19, 01 00:48 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: Double post

Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 23:38 UTC

deleted

Updated  on May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 19:13 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: leaving asgardia

Jan 22, 17 / Aqu 22, 01 06:43 UTC

Thymeless, the state could act as a notary and charge a small fee for recognizing the marriage throughout all of Asgardia. Because of the contract being notarized the court system would ask the individuals who entered the contract what terms and conditions were violated or would like changed. The person or A.I. assigned to the case must have no relation direct or otherwise and no religious belief to eliminate any sort of biased or accusation of tampering with any decisions between the concerned parties.

Jan 23, 17 / Aqu 23, 01 00:16 UTC

deleted

Updated  on May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 19:07 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 23, 17 / Aqu 23, 01 21:01 UTC

I suppose so. However, I was thinking more about the terrestrial side of things when I mentioned the state be a notary. Because we have no way of knowing if such contracts on Asgardia would be honored here on Earth. The fee itself would be $2.00 if the idea proved necessary. Ideally the service would be free and only be done if the individuals felt the need to notarize the contract.

Jan 26, 17 / Aqu 26, 01 23:49 UTC

deleted

Updated  on May 25, 17 / Can 05, 01 19:05 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 27, 17 / Aqu 27, 01 15:26 UTC

Who wants to get married, get married. Who wants to make a contract, to do it. In legal matters, I think, in this new nation, the same rights should be given to those who marry, to whom they make a contract, and to those who make a union in fact accentuated in the state registries.

Regards

Feb 1, 17 / Pis 04, 01 03:58 UTC

I am in favour of registered civil unions (on blockchain?) which mostly define rights , obligations and terms of the union including property rights and division in case of dissolution. You may wish to call it a marriage but without the connotations of a single partner for life. People develop at different rates , circumstances change and personalities are discovered over time. It is archaic to force a relationship that makes either or both parties unhappy , unfullfilled or impedes progress.

Many comments appear to be in line with the Western view of couples but this is far from reality ..58 nations mostly muslim practice legal polygamy.. Most westerners practice Polyamory ( have you really only had 1 partner?) and cohabitation https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohabitation#Financial_effects but with with few or no legal rights or obligations between them. There is also Polyandry where the women take more than one partner. Some countries have arranged marriages which have little to do with choice or love and Japan "There is a kind a tacit understanding between spouse that after 10 years of marriage (loveless anyway) and a few children, the man is free to satisfy his libido somewhere else." Japan is strange http://www.wa-pedia.com/gaijin/westerners_japanese_marriage.shtml

So IF we are representative of humanity and these cultural differences and extremes exist as normal in other Nations, which practices do we accept and which are illegal and WHO decides? Should westerners dictate practice and policy, rules and laws for the muslims/ japanese and a host of others or do we decide what we think is right and they can accept it or not therefore outlawing/discouraging much of their cultural identity and practice in space?

Last edited by:  Gary Baltao (Asgardian)  on Feb 1, 17 / Pis 04, 01 04:17 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Feb 19, 17 / Pis 22, 01 07:25 UTC

Civil unions are illusions because people are not civil, besides there is no need to try and change the entire concept of marriage. On top of that, jealousy makes polygamous relationships dangerous for those involved in them. Eventually some man/woman will fall in love with another man/woman and end up wanting him/her for themselves and due to his/her jealousy might harm the other members of said contract to get what he/she wants. For that reason polygamy should not be allowed in Asgardia.

As far as the gender comment made by a citizen goes, there are only two genders, three if you continue true hermaphrodites because of their unique situation. There is no work that needs to be done to understand genders, however, there is work to be done regarding why some folks think there are more than the two genders and why some folks do not identify as the gender they were born as

Mar 21, 17 / Ari 24, 01 09:17 UTC

I do agree with the concept of legal recognition of civil union until and over the marriage but we can't do it jus like the major state or countries have done until now as their first draw was mostly based on the religion and moeurs who was in use in their own state or country.

The civil union in Asgardia have to be greater than those for a greater nation in order to provide the opportunity to all Asgardians to benefit from the protection and rights provided by the Asgardians civil union regardless of their genders, religions, and moeurs.

Asgardia most also provides certain rights true the civil union who normally provides only by the marriage like but not exclusively, The ability to divorce in their state of residence, regardless of where the civil union has being contracted, Immigration or citizenship benefits when petitioning for a non-citizen spouse ect...