Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 18:21 UTC

Need to alter/withdraw my vote for the constitution  

Hi All

I have voted, but have since re-read the constitution a few times and have since picked up a problem with one specific aspect of the constitution.

As this is a very momentous occasion and the importance of this vote cannot be over emphasized, I find it very unfair that there is no mechanism to ALTER YOUR CHOICE right up to the last minute that you are allowed to, based on your evolving understanding of the constitution.

As the official vote closes on the 18'th only, I feel the right to request that i can change or cancel my vote until such time as the final vote is closed.

Last edited by:  Benjamin Dell (Asgardian, Candidate, Member of the Parliament)  on Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 18:22 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 18:32 UTC

What could you change it to? There's only a 'Yes' option

Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 18:36 UTC

I'm not sure it can help but, reading Decree N3 and the attached Voting Regulations it stated (art. 6) "(...) Voting system will take into account the last selection before the “vote” button is hit.", but that's about the choice of flag, insignia and national anthem: about the vote for the Constitution, which implies the one for Document of Unity, that decree states nothing, as far as I can see.

@ChargerIIC
"change or withdraw" ;-)

Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 18:39 UTC

I'm not seeing a withdraw option, only the yes one placed above and below the document. Am I supposed to vote yes and then withdraw? Is that a no vote or an abstention?

Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 19:03 UTC

Decree no 3 does state that the voting takes place on the 18'th of june 2017 over a 24 hour period, but every time i log in now, i get thanked for voting to accept the Constitution, whereas i have a better understanding of what i am reading and have a serious objection to the Constitution in it's current form, - to the point that if it looks like my vote will help it be accepted in it's current form, i might have to withdraw my request for citizenship, thus cancelling my vote.

I can live with all the faults of the constitution, except one -as all the faults of the constitution can be amended over time by referendum (supposedly).

The one non negotiable failure of the current constitution, is that the HoS can dissolve the parliament, the only body that can keep the HoS in check and the only body that can call an amendment to the  constitution via Referendum or the election of a new HoS.

Kind Regards

Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 19:17 UTC

@Riebens
I'm absolutely understanding your point, and have to add that the (dis)informations have been spreaded so to make people thinking this was just a "pre-vote" so to be able to access the "real one" at 18 june 2017 while, in the facts, this is the only vote one can do.
The reference I made to Decree N3 was to support you into asking to withdraw your vote (as @ChargerIIC pointed out, you can't "change" your vote to "no" as that's not an option), as there is nothing about one can't change his/her mind before to the end of the voting period and, being the voting electronic, this can be done (if projected in that way and not like a trap).
I'm not an official nor an admin so, the only thing I can do, is to try helping you with the elements I know.
Last but not least, your concerns are exactly what we're saying since 18 May, when the first Constitutional draft was published.