Jan 17, 17 / Aqu 17, 01 05:55 UTC

Honorary Citizenship / Honorary Ambassadors  

Hello Asgardia, Nihylum here.

I want to propose a "Donating Honor"-Program that will grant honorary connections to the Asgardia Nation for People from around the globe regardless if they are already Asgardia citizen or not. The Intention of the honorary connections is to honor their contribution to the global professional or amateur science. The reward of this program should be no kind of prize. I would prefer a title which is granted a certificate.

The recipient of those titles might be proposed by any citizen of Asgardia and must be approved by a (currently undefined set of) council.

Possible titles:
- [Full Name], Honorary Ambassador of Asgardia - for those who passively contribute to asgardia without citizenship
- [Full Name], Freeman of Asgardia - for those who do contribute to asgardia over a long period
- [Full Name], Science Ambassador of Asgardia - for those who evangelize Asgardia Science to the rest of the world.

Borders of the title:
The Title is proposed every year ( this period might rely on an Asgardia-related date and time period ).
The receiver of the title owns the live long right to use the title.
The receiver is invited to (yearly) events as an honorary guest.
The receiver earns the right to request speech time on educational events.

Recommended Recipient of the 2017 or 2018 Honorary Connection to Asgardia are:
- Dr. Michio Kaku - theoretical physicist - honorary ambassador of asgardia - proposed by nihylum
- Leonard Nimoy - Actor of the iconic role of Spock (Star Trek) - Freeman of Asgarida for helping and inspiring millions of people to develop the future - proposed by nihylum

The purpose of this topic is to discuss a "Donating Honor"-Program and to collect possible recipients. So you can just propose a recipient, without participating in the discussion.

Updated  on Jan 17, 17 / Aqu 17, 01 18:34 UTC, Total number of edits: 6 times

Jan 17, 17 / Aqu 17, 01 13:27 UTC

Hello everyone!

I think this is a marvelous idea and will be speaking with the OP about forming a research and recommendation committee for this idea. Once the scope and mission statement of it is worked out, we will be announcing openings for community members to join the committee to help work on this idea.

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Jan 17, 17 / Aqu 17, 01 14:33 UTC

This is a smart idea nihylum, You have my support

Jan 17, 17 / Aqu 17, 01 14:58 UTC

Hi

This is a great idea nihylum, you have my full support.

Regards

Fpitts

Jan 17, 17 / Aqu 17, 01 15:06 UTC

It´s a great idea nihylum.

It would be interesting to start thinking about how a council would be formed to be able to elect this person annually and what criteria they should take into account.

Jan 17, 17 / Aqu 17, 01 18:01 UTC

Hello all!

The OP has decided to concentrate on his other idea and delay work on this one. I have advised him to work at his own pace and that when he is ready to go forth with it we will certainly try to accommodate the idea if there is room within the committees.

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Jan 17, 17 / Aqu 17, 01 18:34 UTC

Hello and thank you for your replies.

I have decided to delay the conceptual progress of formalizing this concept for one or two days. This happened because of my Stardate Standard Recommendation, I need some time to finalize the Recommendation and to prepare live previews.

I welcome you to discuss this idea and to commit more recipients for a 2017/2018 scheduled give away.

I also want to thank you for your support. I have also added recommended post mortem recipients to the list above:

Leonard Nimoy - Actor of the iconic role of Spock (Star Trek) - Freeman of Asgarida for helping and inspiring millions of people to develop the future.

Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 11:36 UTC

Very nice idea! Congrats! I'm here for to help at Brazil, State of Pernambuco.

Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 22:02 UTC

The concept is similar to that others have proposed and just as good! With some tweaking and collaborating, it will be great when it is complete for Asgardia.

Best wishes,

Last edited by:  Lloyd Cox (Asgardian)  on Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 22:03 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 23:24 UTC

Thanks. Those who came up with the same idea are welcomed to participate here and in a possible committee. They will be credited in the final proposal unless they don't wish to, the current ( as of January 19th, 2017 ) is a draft.

Updated  on Jan 18, 17 / Aqu 18, 01 23:25 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Jan 19, 17 / Aqu 19, 01 05:10 UTC

@RebekahBerg: I will contact you on facebook at the weekend with some thoughts about the committee and my views for a good approach.

Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 09:21 UTC

NICE IDEA. DO YOU MIND IF WE RE-PUBLISH YOUR IDEA IN FACEBOOK?

Jan 20, 17 / Aqu 20, 01 10:31 UTC

IT IS ALREADY PUBLISHED ON FACEBOOK AT THE ASGARDIA GROUP. (BTW: YOUR SHIFT KEY MUST BE REPAIRED, MINE TOO)

see: https://newrepublic.com/article/117390/netiquette-capitalization-how-caps-became-code-yelling

Mar 9, 17 / Ari 12, 01 16:50 UTC

Current State:

Idea and Concept about Honorary Citizenship and Honorary Ambassadors committed to the ASGARDIA community as public domain.

Reason(s):

I will no longer maintain this idea due to abnormal behaviors of the Asgardia Civics and zero reaction after providing a solution to solve occurred issues after weeks. I am open to help new maintainers in developing this concept as (honorary) chairmen of a possible committee, just ask.

Apr 24, 17 / Gem 02, 01 13:06 UTC

Current State: Project revived under my lead because no one shows interests to lead it. Updates and invitations to the committee will be available soon (probably this week, I am for progress until the middle of the next month).