Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 17:32 UTC

Archiving Groups  

I want to ask who had made the decision to immediately archiving facebook groups in times where the new discussion platform is still unstable and (hopefully) not final ?

I want to know also why this is not officially announced and why there is no kind of deprecation ?

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 17:55 UTC

Hello! Rebekah here!

I am the Lead Community Administrator, the person whom Asgardia Official has trusted to take care of the social media groups and the growing community.

We appreciate your feedback on the forum platform seeming very basic, the IT team is working very hard to develop new features and work on stability to increase the enjoyment and interaction of the community members. This will be an ongoing process and this platform will continue to evolve.

Also, there was a post on the main Asgardia Facebook page made on December 20, 2016 announcing the forums and detailing the fact that the Facebook pages would be closing. My apologies if you did not see it. I have linked it below for you:

https://www.facebook.com/asgardia.space/posts/1824407624504469

Also, for the last week the admin and moderators of the Facebook groups have been advising members that the forums will be opening and that many of the Facebook groups would be closing.

Please have patience with this process and continue to add your voice to the great discussions on the forum.

Kind regards,
Rebekah Berg, Lead Community Administrator, Asgardia

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 18:01 UTC

Well, there are better ways to do that. You actually interrupt ALL DISCUSSIONS at the groups when archiving them. I treat announcements as official when the website does publish them.