Feb 10, 17 / Pis 13, 01 08:02 UTC

Table Top Role-Playing Games online  

I am a long time D&D player and currently have almost all books in .pdf form from Original to the current 5e version. I also have almost all the books from all editions of Earthdawn. What other TTRPG's does everyone play or would be interested in playing via internet.

Feb 10, 17 / Pis 13, 01 12:19 UTC

Hi tempus, I am new to TT-RPGs but I am currently in the middle of a DD and pathfinder campaign and possibly starting a Dresdan campaign. But I am willing to play just about any other system online if we can get the numbers. Perhaps some Dark heresy or other scifi system to start the ball rolling?

Feb 10, 17 / Pis 13, 01 20:28 UTC

I've never had any experience with those types of games but I've always wanted to learn! I'd be willing and I'm sure others in the discord group would too. We could use one of the discord's chatrooms to play too!

Feb 11, 17 / Pis 14, 01 03:58 UTC

I have created a Discord account and I will look into finding some sci-fi .pdfs as well. Numenera, Shadowrun, Star Wars, and Star Trek seem like they would be great Sci-Fi games to play. For D&D 5e people can download the Basic Rules from the Wizards of the Coast Website http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules

Feb 11, 17 / Pis 14, 01 05:33 UTC

The hardest part about online tabletop RPGs is finding a GM. Do we have a GM?

Also which medium are we using? roll20.net or some other paid system?

Feb 14, 17 / Pis 17, 01 11:48 UTC

I'm looking into getting a paid Fantasy Grounds account that would let everyone else play D&D5e using a free account with me as DM, We can also use discord voice chat for all systems. I'm sure there are other options as well.

Feb 16, 17 / Pis 19, 01 10:04 UTC

Sounds good Tempus, definitely worth a try :)

Feb 23, 17 / Pis 26, 01 14:26 UTC

I have been playing TTRPGs for 37 years. Hell, once upon the time I was trading emails with Gary Gygax (he was a nice guy but really weird, for the record). I have played, I think, just about every system I have heard of, but most recently have been playing 5th edition D&D (DMing locally) and Fire and Ice RPG, Game of Thrones edition (playing in, yay!).

In my experience playing online is hard, but I am willing to lend my experience to assist in setting one up, even though I am unlikely to play in it due to time constraints. I am not willing to run another game myself right now.

Mar 13, 17 / Ari 16, 01 00:49 UTC

Hi guys! I'm a newbie to TTRPGs and have only played some very informal D&D campaigns and have always wanted to try Shadowrun (or any other sci-fi campaigns). I have some experience with Roll20 but can look into other systems as well. Currently, I am located in the UK.

A Discord group was mentioned -- can I join too? :)

Mar 13, 17 / Ari 16, 01 10:00 UTC

is there a discord group for ttrpgs?

Mar 18, 17 / Ari 21, 01 12:39 UTC

I'm playing TTRPGs for about 7 years now and I love it. I started with The Dark Eye, moved over to a system called Dungeonslayers (which my mates didn't like because the story wouldn't be deep enough as the main piont are dungeons with monsters^^), then we started playing Pathfinder and Cthulhu with some time of Star Wars in between. Now our main system is a German system called "Splittermond" and they started Shadowrun, which I haven't played yet. I prefer the Pathfinder system as it's quite easy to understand and has this awesome map for the table to illustrate your fights. What was your favourite system so far? And how could we play over the internet? ( I haven't done something like that yet. )

Mar 18, 17 / Ari 21, 01 17:56 UTC

Long time tabletop player here, from Finland. First game was the first editiong of Dungeons & Dragons, it drag me in, after that there was some minor game, but then i found the ultimate RPG...

RUNEQUEST. I've been fan since. Sadly they remade the game couple times over, but i didnt like those so i have stick with the original.

Another good rpg ive liked was VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE. And other same themed games like werewolf and changeling, mage and HUNTER. Again, didnt like the remakes.

Havent been playing any, because our group has gone around the world and new groups with middle aged people is very hard to find. :)

Sadly i have only very bad experiences with online RPGing via skypes or so, but im willing to participate as a watcher, if you guys set something up and if its good, maybe join later.

I prefer good old fantasy and i often play Cleric/Fighter. :)

Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 16:59 UTC

Hi everyone! I've been gaming for around 20 years, and I generally gravitate towards D&D and White Wolf-esque games. I've been an actor for close to fifteen of those years, and I find that each hobby helps me with the other. A lot of my actor buddies are gamers too, and it is a great way to keep the skills fresh. I recently found out I am Gary Gygax's third cousin, so that's neat!

Jun 16, 17 / Can 27, 01 20:58 UTC

I've played TTRPGs on and off for the last couple of years, so I haven't been playing for very long, but I really enjoy it. I've played Pathfinder in the past and I'm currently playing D&D 5e with co-workers after hours. I'd love to join a campaign here.

Jun 25, 17 / Leo 08, 01 19:56 UTC

I have d&d 5ed stuff only played dnd 1nce in college once id love to play we could use roll 20 if needed