May 21, 17 / Can 01, 01 08:52 UTC

Cigarette smoke and other drugs  

Hello Asgardians!
As you know every country has a list of forbidden drugs and of drugs you can use after a medical prescriction. I was thinking about the discoveries of this century and how this can affect such a list in Asgardia's laws. Here are my opinion:
>Cigarettes should be outlawed as cocacine, meth and heavy drugs. (Even if it was possible to smoke on a spacial station)
>Asgardians should encourage the use of electronic pipes (or electronic cigarettes), in order to leave the dependence from nicotine and from gestures caused by normal cigarettes.
>Marijuana should be taken after medical prescription, but only in the form of food or drinking, such as tea or even muffins if you want, to treat minor diseases.
>Morphine should be used only in serious emergency cases in pain treatment.
>Hashish as morphine. Via aerosol is forbidden.

Those were my opinions, what do you think about?

May 21, 17 / Can 01, 01 13:00 UTC

The fact that cigarettes (tobacco) are still legal amazes me. Try this thought experiment out:

You are a product safety regulator and you are examining a proposal for a new product. The information in the proposal says that this product will:

1. Contain chemicals are known carcinogens.
  2. Contain one of the most toxic substances on Earth.
  3. Contain unknown chemicals.
  4. Be highly addictive.
  5. Kill 1 in 3 of its long term users.
  6. Produce chronic illness in the other 2 in 3 long term users, requiring expensive medical treatment.
  7. Harm other people in the immediate vicinity of people using this product.
  8. Produce a toxic waste from its use that takes thousands of years to naturally degrade.

Would you approve it for use?

Sep 27, 17 / Sco 18, 01 13:57 UTC

Eu acho que faz sentido pensar em listas de drogas que sejam legais e ilegais.

Um mínimo de Permissividade é necessário para qualquer civilização.

I think it makes sense to think of lists of drugs that are legal and illegal.

A minimum of Permissiveness is required for any civilization.

*Note* This translation was made by Google Translate. Please make sure when using the forums to copy/paste the English translation below your comment in your native language. This ensures that all persons interested in reading your post are able to understand it. Thank you for understanding.

Leonardo Oliveira for Trendsetter! -> https://asgardia.com/en/blog/candidate/453462-15030-para-aleacutem-do-virtual/

"Beyond the virtual! - Courage and Self-knowledge"

Last edited by:  Shane Watt (Asgardian, Global Mod)  on Sep 28, 17 / Sco 19, 01 01:47 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time
Reason: mod edit, translation. shane watt 09.27.17