Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 08:18 UTC

Folklore  

Is there anyone study in folklore?

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 18:33 UTC

I've studied a bit of nordic mythology. You?

Dec 26, 16 / Cap 25, 00 15:20 UTC

I have done a fair bit of research regarding folklore for my work, particularily it's mythical creatures such as the banshee, Kappa, the water demon, the piasa bird and the Shellycoat as well as a few others. It's a large and immense topic but I am continuing to learn. I most interested in how folklore is similar thoughout cultures and how it uses storytelling and art as a means to make sense of the world around us. Did you study folklore formally? I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Jan 19, 17 / Aqu 19, 01 10:34 UTC

Are you thinking of creating some kind of super-folklore by combining aspects of the many cultures involved in Asgardia or establishing a space-folklore from scratch? Either way, I would love to see how this progresses.

Mar 13, 17 / Ari 16, 01 16:44 UTC

You cant realy make up folklore it happins naturaly. However i find the consistency of folklore intriguing, also if you like to study theology, like i do, youl find that many of them have extream similaritys. From creation to global floods and the end times. Im tryn to find the truth and i think the only way is to study it all

Jul 19, 17 / Vir 04, 01 21:59 UTC

I am currently finishing up my Bachelors in Anthropology with a focus on Folklore and am looking at getting my PhD in Folklore.  It's one of my hopes that when we finally do go to space they will give equal consideration to sending an Anthropologist/Folklorist to document the formation of Asgardian culture.  Was there a specific question you had or just looking at whether or not there was someone?

Nov 15, 17 / Sag 11, 01 21:37 UTC

I have studied a lot of Irish, Scottish and indeed also Nordic mythology and folklore over my years.

And I see that there are many more here.

If your topic was a discussion about Asgardian Folklore, then like said before

something like that develops by itself.

But if you just wanted to look, if there are other people knowing about the topic,

then the answer is indeed yes.