Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 21:07 UTC

Naming of defence institutions  

Hello everyone I've been thinking about the naming and roles that the military and security service should take within our community. The reason for this is being a space based society the military institutions on earth wouldn't make much sense, Air Force, navy etc...

I believe that we should, for the protection of Asgardia, we should have the Asgardian Defence Service or A.D.S.
It should be used primarily for the defence of Asgardia and the first line of defence for the Earth but also to aid in humanitarian efforts on earth and to provide assistance to any nearby earth colonies.

Instead of the standard police we should have the Asgardian Intelligence Service or A.I.S. The A.I.S should be in charge of the day to day security of Asgardia, both in the security of our citizens and of our borders. Once established we should look at joining Interpol in order to help strengthen relations with in our global security network. What are people thoughts on this?

Adam-Justin Greenford

Last edited by:  Adam-Justin Greenford (Asgardian)  on Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 22:32 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 21:53 UTC

Yes its good and simple. I like the Idea of the A.D.S helping in humanitarian efforts on Earth, it should be an independent peace keeping Force.

The Job of A.I.S Asgardian Intelligence Service. would be kollecting Information and keeping track on whats going on not Patroling borders ;) thats the Job for the A.D.S who also should be Security Forces.

Last edited by:  Filipe Kessler (Asgardian)  on Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 23:42 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 22:06 UTC

Sorry, but gots to point out if we call it the A.S.S we'll be the butt of every joke. Terrible jokes and asside .....ok I really will stop.... Im going to vote for A.I.S.

Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 22:10 UTC

Yeah we will always need this and i want to participate for this cause i am a security officer in France and i could have lots of idea to share ^^

Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 22:20 UTC

Do we really want an institution called ASS?

Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 22:21 UTC

As per AIS it is a good and simple name. It might be usefull to have it separated in ADAS (Asgardian data aquisition service) and SDPS (Security data processing service) where the first is recording everything around and the second archives and analyses data for further use. AIS should be used by all services as central for all intel (police and military and search and rescue units).That is what I would suggest to avoid having separate inteligence services and too much personel.

Dec 20, 16 / Cap 19, 00 22:30 UTC

It could be changed to ACSS = Asgardian Civil Security service to eliminate the bother within the English language. Any other suggestion? :/

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 00:55 UTC

We could name it asgardian defence force (adf) and also we would need a separate police force to the military it's never wise to have a force that's used as a military to do every day to day policing roles and have the police under ministry if justice but using a small military force on earth to help defend asgardia and do humanitarian task s is a must that's exactly what the Irish do all the time it's they're main roles also while in space that could be a police detachment as we would have no need of military in space

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 04:41 UTC

A strong military is quite essential for defending a nation, especially a nation looking at colonizing space. If all you have is a security service and you send them (Armed) to potentialy hostile environments, than you might as well call them a military.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 12:33 UTC

I completely agree with Protean

Last edited by:  Andrew Kabanov (Asgardian)  on Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 12:33 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 14:29 UTC

Ministries from my point of view, should not have services, they should have departments. So, i recommend to standardize it:
1. Department of Defense ( Military )
2. Department of Intelligence ( Intelligence Service )
3. Department of Justice ( Police )

Updated  on Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 14:32 UTC, Total number of edits: 3 times

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 17:41 UTC

"The reason for this is being a space based society the military institutions on earth wouldn't make much sense, Air Force, navy etc..."

Really?

"Navy" doesn't make sense when you're going to effectively be dealing with ships? it is the largest, coldest sea...

Further, Naval procedure and doctorine is arguably what allowed to get this far, being what most of the other armed forces are based upon and it would be incredibly unwise to ignore the lessons they have already learned ever since one King didn't want to pay the ferry to invade France.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 20:33 UTC

Re: Savunma Kuruluşlarının İsimlendirilmesi

Gönderen: Charlie 20 Aralık 2016, 10:21

AIS'ye göre bu iyi ve basit bir isim. ADAS (Asgardian veri toplama hizmeti) ve SDPS (Güvenlik veri işleme servisi) arasında ayrım yapmak yararlı olabilir; ilk önce her şeyi ve ikinci arşivleri kaydeder ve verileri daha ileri düzeyde kullanmak üzere analiz eder. AIS, tüm hizmetler için merkezi (polis, askeri ve arama ve kurtarma birimleri) olarak kullanılmalıdır. Ayrı istihbarat servisleri ve çok fazla personel bulundurmaktan kaçınmam öneririm.

I like a nice suggestion... ASS It would be comedy material

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 02:18 UTC

I like the direction this is going: By: nihylum(Asgardian) on 21 December 2016, 2:29 p.m. Ministries from my point of view, should not have services, they should have departments. So, i recommend to standardize it:
1. Department of Defense ( Military )
2. Department of Intelligence ( Intelligence Service )
3. Department of Justice ( Police )

in response to
By: Charlie on 20 December 2016, 10:21 p.m.
As per AIS it is a good and simple name. AIS should be used by all services as central for all intel (police and military and search and rescue units).That is what I would suggest to avoid having separate intelligence services and too much personnel.

I agree with the idea of a central intelligence service that would support the Asgardian Government in their foreign policy decisions and also the military I would not recommend that same central intelligence service support the Police. The methods an intelligence service would utilize to support a foreign collection objective should not be used against Asgardian citizens, I would have a separate criminal intelligence support cell for to provide support for domestic security operations.

Dec 23, 16 / Cap 22, 00 04:29 UTC

If I may offer my two cents, in addition to the Asgardian Defense Service and the Asgardian Intelligence Service (Which to avoid the umbrella ASS acronym, I'd suggest using ASF, or Asgardian Security Forces), I'd like to suggest the ARS, or Asgardian Rescue Service. This could be useful for rescuing people stranded if their rover malfunctions in the middle of nowhere, if we lose contact with an expedition or outpost, if we lose comms with an incoming ship, etc. They should also be trained in VBSS, as in the case of losing comms with a ship, it's entirely possible that it's been hijacked. After all, as space flight becomes more and more commercialized and common, we must be prepared for space-terrorism.

I'd also like to suggest the Asgardian Crisis Team, or ACT. These guys would be the ones responding to hostage-takings, terror attacks, or performing guerilla-style defensive operations in the case of an invasion, or other special activities that ordinary defense forces simply aren't going to be trained for. ACT teams would be highly trained, well-equipped, and essentially our SOF. Necessary, I must point out, as even Japan with their SDF have special operators. Every country needs a few warriors capable of doing everything that everyone else can't.