Jan 24, 17 / Aqu 24, 01 21:15 UTC

Re: About United Nation Membership  

In regards to the possible USA exit of the UN:

With Republicans in the USA controlling the House, Senate, and Presidency in the USA, we now need to consider the possibility of the USA leaving the UN. A bill has been placed into legislature which, if passed, would officially withdraw the USA (as a security council member) from the UN. If this were to happen it is plausible that it starts a string of other countries to exit. Perhaps we should be drafting backup plans for receiving diplomatic recognition by other means in case there is a major UN fallout.

Jan 27, 17 / Aqu 27, 01 19:19 UTC

If the UN dissolves for any reason, international recognition of countries simply defaults to the original method: Individual countries declaring formal recognition of each other. This would increase our workload for international recognition as it would have to be done for every individual country, but beyond that there is not much to say on the point.

Publicly preparing for such possibilities carries with it the potential for bad publicity. We do not gain from being perceived as alarmists or having taken sides.

Jan 28, 17 / Pis 00, 01 12:52 UTC

It still needs technically doing on a country by country basis - UN recognition is no assurance any individual country shall recognise a good example here is kosovo - but it does go a long way towards.

Feb 24, 17 / Pis 27, 01 13:46 UTC

I agree with Eyer First we need to be recognized by other member states later we can, gain a foothold as an member observer

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 00:30 UTC

To be recognised as a country we have to act like a country. When a large number of people think of us as a country and politians in other countries inadvertently call us a country then recognition will be easier.

I think our first step needs to be getting organised. If Dr. Ashurbeyli is representing a united group of people we will actually be a country. That can only happen if there are people telling him what we want. We need to elect trend setters and ambassadors. But so far they have very few votes. I think because many Asgardians do not know about the elections. The only way to inform most Asgardians is by email. The candidates should each be allowed to send a group email to the people allowed to vote for them. Debutantes should be able to email everyone in 300km. The rest everyone. Maybe only those with a few votes already, so we don't all get hundreds of emails. But something so people know. If a few ambassadors can say 'I stood for policy X and 1000 Asgardians voted for me', then they will have influence. Then the world will see that Asgard represents Asgardians and Asgard can be a useful ally and should be recognised.

Hopefully we'll be able to provide useful space based services that other countries want, so they will see us as equals.

Sorry this was so long! I just think we need to be a country first to be recognised as one.

Jul 6, 17 / Leo 19, 01 17:12 UTC

It's just hard to believe members of UN's permanent Council will approve Asgardia's admission, having into its Constitution (art. 25, par. 2) the statement of placing into orbit, so "over their heads", some "armed platform weapons" (cit. "universal robotic space platforms") which, even if being there (par. 1) "To safeguard the Earth", can be used for whatever other "mission" too.
That, together with the poor Constitution's implementation and to the illegal voting procedure performed.

As @OllyG correctly stated, if Asgardia have to be recognized as a nation, it should (at least try to) act like a nation.

Jan 21, 18 / Aqu 21, 02 07:36 UTC

Why do we want to be a NATO member state in the first place? The USA was a country before there was a un . How did they be ound a country? They said were a country .

Jan 21, 18 / Aqu 21, 02 08:43 UTC

In order for Asgardia to become a part of the world community as a nation and a country and join the UN membership, we need to have recognition from 5 countries, and all the rest is technical issues of concurrence and entrance fee to the UN.