Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 17:46 UTC

Re: The unknown....  

You have sparked my curiosity. I don't see you as crazy, and communication through "star terms" as you call it will be very difficult to produce. Even though it may be difficult that does not mean it's impossible. Quantum Tunneling seems to be an efficient theory on how faster than light communication could work. This allows particles to get though a distance at a speed quicker than that of light or in less time than it takes light to get from point "A" to point "B". Maybe the biospheres separated by vast distances can communicate through this method?

Last edited by:  Christian Sheppard (Asgardian)  on Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 17:48 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 19:08 UTC

I think that you just unintentionally created a navigation system for our station in space, my friend.

My thinking is that if everything with a living signature "talks" to each other, then there must be a way to hear them. Thus, in the same way that a bat uses sonar waves, we could get a permanent and visual information readout by becoming privy to this "talking", which take place at all times between living beings and their environments.

If we could locate these wavelengths and oscillations within space that constitute the "talking" sent out by animals, plants, geology and beings, we could deploy some sort of device (similar to a radio) that could track the wavelengths and pinpoint them like a beacon. Our navigation system would be similar to the way "waypoints" work in video games, where you can examine a map of known and unknown locations in real time, choose a particular point on the map, and see more information about it before altering the station's trajectory into that space. We could set up a monitoring station on the ship that locates "talking" and translates it into useful information about nearby star systems, potential planets to visit, and even prevent crashes.

Last edited by:  Shawn Crawford (Asgardian)  on Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 19:13 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time