Aug 23, 18 / Lib 11, 02 18:49 UTC

Gravity Tech  

Hello Asgardians!

In order to get lots of heavy things into orbit and to maintain a gravitation field so that we don't waste away, we are going to need a system that can modify gravitational fields.  We will need to leverage gravity (or rather, its field gradient) and make devices that harness, reproduce, resonate with, or otherwise tap it's potential.

NASA points out that we now understand enough about the links between gravity and the other forces to let us speculate, rather than merely make conjecture. So, let’s speculate…

On the theoretical side, research on topics like anti-matter, dark energy and hyperdimensional geometry are pushing us ever closer to a unified theory.  

Experimentally, there have been a number of studies on cold-fusion, the JET propulsion lab’s EM drive and more speculative efforts attempting to recreate Podkletnov’s work on gravity shielding and impulse generation, though these have not been successfully reproduced.  

My own efforts are in building one of these.

Last edited by:  William Guest (Asgardian)  on Aug 26, 18 / Lib 14, 02 14:42 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Aug 24, 18 / Lib 12, 02 10:58 UTC

Hi Oleg,

Thanks for the post.  The stuff from Podkletnov is quite old now and nothing seems to have come of it or been reproduced, so I agree that it seems fairly frivolous. I'll probably edit this out later to make room for something more current...

As for the EM device, I think there's interesting work to be done measuring the magnetic field around such a rotating sextupole system.  I intend to put together a hall sensor array to look at the claims of magnetic field distortion.  

I picked this one because its claims are falsifiable, though there are a few differences between this and the principles of the EM drive, one being that there is no push-pull mechanism. To the best of my current knowledge, the configuration (composition), coupled with a particular rpm resonates with a background field (not "ether"), suggested as being the gravitational field, though I think a broader interpretation is probably apt, and such a resonance can be channeled in order to do useful work.  This resonance can be thought of as a complex vortex.

There are some pretty tight tolerances here and non-linear magnetic fields are not going to be easy to measure but, as the saying goes, the good need not be the enemy of the perfect.

Aug 25, 18 / Lib 13, 02 14:44 UTC

I can think of a possible way to get gravity of a space station simple way would to be to use centrifucal force to rotate the main parts of a station for habitat and storege 

Aug 26, 18 / Lib 14, 02 19:17 UTC

Hi Cody,

This works well, though really it's a simulation of gravity rather than a manipulation of it.  Of course the rotation need to be tuned to a comfortable level.  I wonder if children born in space would have a naturally lower bone density and therefore find this force uncomfortable...

I'm pretty that such an elegant way to create a feeling of a gravitational field will surely feature in future designs, but I think this also has its limitations. Docking or transportation, as examples, would be much more tricky with spinning parts.

Aug 27, 18 / Lib 15, 02 04:42 UTC

You have very valid points bud the concept I was coming up with to dock you would have to on a ship turn off gravity and in a station there would have to be a special docking port that did not rotate

Aug 27, 18 / Lib 15, 02 11:16 UTC

Here's an interesting presentation on Emergence Theory, which aims to be an axiom-free basis for a theory of everything:

http://www.quantumgravityresearch.org/emergence-theory-overview

It's quite information heavy, as Klee is describing large volume of research (past and current) in a single presentation (2:42:00!), but I think there are some really interesting points. 

I especially like the geometric representation of particles and the discovery that, when you put together the whole standard model, the 8D representation of this is an incredible beautiful lattice (when projected onto 2D).  

I get a bit stuck on two points - one being the "pan-consciousness substrate" which feels like pushing one of the unknowns around, and also the retroactive causality, which is a conceptual leap that my brain is still trying to interpret, although the idea of time being symmetrical is not a new one.

You can also find descriptions of the theory on the tube, which are probably more digestible for those without a physics degree.

Oct 5, 18 / Sco 26, 02 10:47 UTC

HOLD ON A MINUTE I SUBMITTED A PAPER TO THE GRAVITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION IN AMERICA LAST YEAR, AND BELEIVE YOU ME IF ANYONE HAD ANYTHING EVEN CLOSE TO ACTUAL GRAVITY IT WOULD BE ME. AND GUES WHAT I DONT. I HAVE MAYBE A SORT OF KIND OF LOADS OF WORK AND STUFF THAT COULD BE BUT THATS IT, AT THIS STAGE EVERYONE IS FLOATING AROUND.

JOKES ASIDE THOUGH IF ANYONE WANTS TO ENGAGE DIRECTLY ABOUT GRAVITY THEN I AM MORE THEN HAPPY TO DISCUSS EITHER BONDS AND THEORY ABOUT FORMATION OF GRAVITY   PRE IRON  WITH IRON AFTER IRON , LIFE FIELDS. I CAN DO THAT.

Nov 26, 18 / Sag 22, 02 18:27 UTC

I remember several articles regarding the EMDrive...
Some time ago, i´ve talked to some friends of mine (PhD Degree) about the EMDrive. The problem, they said, is that the EMDrive itself produces very minuscle "thrust".

Their "solution" (sorry, for the lack of word) to produce sufficient thrust (at least in space), would be, to use several (at least a dozend) EMDrives and using a Energy Source in the MW Range.

To travel in space that way, would be interesting....

As for shielding Gravity, i remember Podkletnov´s Experiment.
Iirc, the Chinese had taken great interest in his works. Also Boeing. I´m not surprised that this became a "Black Project".

Dec 8, 18 / Cap 06, 02 21:35 UTC

element 115 is all you need.