Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 09:35 UTC

Asgardian Idea Bank  

All our knowledge is based upon previous ideas and realizations.

A much discussed problem today that is very ignored, is the fact that our ideas and realizations is not shared with the correct group of people.

As we have already seen on the facebook groups, people have been posting some interesting ideas, especially for science and technology.

So, why do we see ideas that might even lead somewhere useful, being posted on facebook groups and internet forums?

Because today, the actual idea is not the only thing the decides if it is useful or not. What seems to be more important is if the person has a certified education, nice cloths and knows a whole bunch about good wine... If the idea will generate money or not. Or, if the person is "known and published" or if he is an outsider. There are more, and all added up may not give the best result for the idea.

Many of us are "outsiders" from the majority of researchers and scientists, and I guess some of you get my point already.

We should create (as early as possible) and Idea Bank or database, for any person to explain and store an idea.

What ideas? Any ideas, from math, physics and education, to food health and hygiene, anything!

How would it work? (Very random example:) A man has an idea for how to make a better paper-quality, with less environmental costs. He logs into the idea bank and choose to create a new idea. He will be able to select multiple topics because this idea would be relevant for more than just one topic as it betters both the environment and paper quality. The man explains his idea using a certain template (to ensure structure). As the idea is posted some feedback comes in from interested people all around the world. A discussion takes place and the group may come to a conclusion if this idea is worth to pursue or not.

Result: A man just posted an idea. He then received feedback from people with multiple different backgrounds. A conclusion was come to and that produced a result based on logical discussion.

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 16:50 UTC

I am currently working on a power source that can be used in space. I will keep you up to date on its progress. Once I am finish, I will let you know on its capabilities. I will also need to know how it will work in a vacuum. My only fear is that if I apply for a patent here on earth, it might be subject to a secrecy order. Will there be secrecy orders in Asgardia as far as inventions are concerned?

Dec 21, 16 / Cap 20, 00 20:57 UTC

Hi. An idea bank is an interesting idea. Personally, I'm not a scientist, but I have had ideas on how to incorporate technology together.

Using block chain as a base for the system might work. It can protect the original idea while allowing others to add to it. Also, you would have to set it up under some kind of citation system, so any one who contributes to an idea is recognized.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 02:11 UTC

A data bank could be a good idea tho. Since it could be use for putting here our ideas and just informations on any other things.

It could be start here, on the forum. A new post for a new concept/idea. People posting under it to bring more to it and make it to progress.

But for that, maybe it should be created a forum for that perticular concept to do. In the forum section, you post all the good things you think. Even if we are not ready to build a city, or to lift-up into space, every idea is good to be told.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 19:44 UTC

I think it already exists :)

But I lost the name of it... maybe knowledge coin but I am not sure :/

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 23:33 UTC

@Dirk At the moment, most of the facebook pages are closing one by one, to direct all the conversations here. All the posting on these pages will be saved and kept for future investigation and bringing these discussions again. The admins are already working hard to keep these posts in a safe spot.

Let just hope we'll get a data bank for all of us someday.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 23:44 UTC

Knowledge is power, humanity has always given value to those who hold knowledge. Nowadays, the search for power has given way to the search for wealth. Much more stable. That is why knowledge has a great value, in many countries you can register an idea and earn a lot of money. The question is; Why will anyone give their ideas to Asgardia? Will there be a counterpart of recognition? Let's be realistic and discuss the subject with maturity not ideologically as is usual in religious groups but in a concrete way, so that ownership can be implemented.

Dec 22, 16 / Cap 21, 00 23:54 UTC

In a data bank, when you put something in it, there is some sort of name tag on it, that imply that you have putted it here. It would work as some sort of trade mark if I may say. If I'm wrong on that, maybe someone could provide the proper informations on that system and add wish system grant this part when you put info in it ...

For the purpose, to my view it is simple : for the commun use and advancement of our society. Since the goal of Asgardia is the advancement of humanity by science, I don't think we should think about gaining profit from it. The profit I will gain from that will be a better species, in any matters it may be. Less selfishness will help our whole species to advance more easyer.

Dec 30, 16 / Cap 29, 00 05:46 UTC

Hello my fellow Asgardian's,

I myself, also have no problem with giving ideas to Asgardia, or in helping others out in figuring out things with their ideas. As long as if it goes to helping our nation get the start it needs.

All I would be looking for is some sort of acknowledgement of the contribution if it turns out to be a big thing in the future. I am sure that there are a lot of like minded people that feel the same way about this.

I imagine that this would work like a giant think tank. Most of the ideas would never amount to much but there could be one idea out there that just has not been properly thought through and could be a real winner. It just needs someone to look at it and give a bit of input to get it sorted out.

So: How do we go about getting this "Asgardian Idea Bank" off the ground (so to speak) and start getting things happening?

Jan 2, 17 / Aqu 02, 01 17:53 UTC

By: Nuearth(Asgardian) on 21 December 2016, 4:50 p.m.

I am currently working on a power source that can be used in space. I will keep you up to date on its progress.

i am also doing the same and would appreciate any interaction that we may consider on this subject. until we have a PM functionality in this forum, i will continue my work in private but agree to interact in the forums with reciprocal updates..

thank you for your efforts Nuearth

Jan 3, 17 / Aqu 03, 01 08:06 UTC

[Deleted]

Last edited by:  Henrik Helle Vindenes (Asgardian)  on Jan 3, 17 / Aqu 03, 01 09:11 UTC, Total number of edits: 4 times

Jan 6, 17 / Aqu 06, 01 16:27 UTC

The Idea bank is great but would it also be possible to go the other way? An experiment bank where a scientist posts an idea for an experiment and the scientific rules to follow along with a price. Then others can do the experiment and collate the results. This could lead to lots of crowd funded research projects with many participants.

Jan 6, 17 / Aqu 06, 01 16:27 UTC

The Idea bank is great but would it also be possible to go the other way? An experiment bank where a scientist posts an idea for an experiment and the scientific rules to follow along with a price. Then others can do the experiment and collate the results. This could lead to lots of crowd funded research projects with many participants.

Feb 28, 17 / Ari 03, 01 15:42 UTC

I think that the "Idea Bank" is great, and the framework to host this bank may be a wiki so, maybe, this thread and this other one (https://asgardia.space/en/forum/forum/feedback-11/topic/feature-request-wiki-1005/) may merge.
I'm not saying the two things are the same, but they can co-exist on the same architecture (which will give less maintenance problems), in the same way wikipedia have "portals": so that we'll have an "Idea Bank portal", a generic (main) portal, an "experiment bank portal" (as from @Algarept post), etc.
As you know, a wiki can host feedbacks/discussion pages also (as a matter of fact I think there is no limit on which one can host into a wiki).
+1