Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 02:52 UTC

Creating a portable planting machine with biomass energy  

Hello everyone,is it possible to create a machine that can plant ,and the light come from its biomass energy?How can we do it if I want to start it with kickstarter?

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 12:09 UTC

You'd read the kickstarter FAQ.

You possibly want to have a better idea of how to get it done than "can we" before actually suggesting people fund development.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 18:52 UTC

space have a lot of energy sources such as direct sun light and safe atomic energy. at other side biomass needs a lot of micro organisms that can create desaises. i think that asgardia will need low energy because transportation and heating is easy at space.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 23:53 UTC

Low energy systems are obviously preffered, but it becomes a trivial concept once you start generating at scale - what does become an issue is thermal dissipation - space lacks matter for conduciton/convection, typically. That's the energies you want to try and keep low, then the thermal dissipation systems can have an easier time and scale smaller. If you've a cunning design for a electrochemical (electrocatalytic) biomass fuel cell, these might be able to assist in powering habitation facilities. But hopefully it can be engineered to be able to beam power anywhere.

I'm still not overly clear what you'd mean by "planting machine".

Feb 15, 17 / Pis 18, 01 22:51 UTC

Here is already the planting 'bot in open-source programming. I've thought about putting this together for our garden this year. https://farmbot.io/ This could work almost anywhere, just need sunlight, and to overcome possible garden spaces. It'd be interesting to see how you could modify this system for orbiting space stations.