Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 01:47 UTC

Re: Special Committee: Asgardia Mobile Application Development - Community Input  

I don't have as much time as I'd like to peruse through all the Asgardia forums and see what people are talking about.

If the app had the capability to access the forums it would be useful during downtime, during a meal or when I've got a few minutes here or there to catch up on things.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 02:07 UTC

+1 nihylum

You really want to concern yourselves more with why something trivial like a forum has proved so much of an issue before you bite off so much more than you can obviously(or safely) chew. It's not going to work out well for anyone involved.

A sensible application would have requirement to assess if itself has been tampered with, then assess if the device it's running on has potential to be secure, and then is using a secure network - Then it might be able to consider it safe to allow the user to input authentication details. Good luck finding a secure device this will run on.

As for "features", it should basically have the features of any standard web browser, in order to remain compatible with and ensuring feature synchronisity with future deployment of additional services, as much as existing infrastructure.

Revenue in an app is a good idea, if only someone somewhere had thought about milking cattle like that before - how much are you planning on paying them to install it? There's really no need to make this a shady piece of spyware that whores user data. If you develop by crowdsource it's self sustaining anyway, community driven projects are. An app doesn't cost anything to run, the user does that. Production and maintainence by community negates other factors - even making it available is providable for by existing infrastructure.

Locational leakage doesn't sound like a clever idea to me, that's just another list of problems generated. Unfortunately, most GPS chips I've played with(some are used in smartphones) don't have a "fuzzy" feedback. You collect precise data. This could potentially be fuzzed before sending but I think it's more sensible to not collect this data in the first place. Better, IMHO, would be some opt-in system users updated as they felt relevent. Should create a lot less needless traffic.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 02:54 UTC

I don't have much time to go through the forums due to personal circumstances, so if app has accessibility to the forums it would be useful when I have down time or the very few minutes I could go indepth through the forum and see what everyone is saying.

Also having the contests and voting in the app as a feature could also be useful in the sense of allowing asgardian's to "vote on the go".

Regards

Fpitts

Last edited by:  Francis Pitts (Asgardian)  on Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 02:55 UTC, Total number of edits: 2 times

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 03:00 UTC

First of all ,we can login the mobile apps with our own identification. Then,logo of Asgardia and motto of Asgardia are both needed. If can,I would like to see that it can be a social media of Asgardia nation,let Asgardian get to know each other earlier.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 04:32 UTC

A mobile app would just be great if it lets all asgardians know each other with a feature to have discussions. Keep it rather simple and easy to load.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 07:44 UTC

It would be nice to have function of conducting poll or survey.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 08:36 UTC

An Important function for the app should be a voting system. If we have an voting system we can made quick desicions for important things whitch influence asgardia. (Sorry for the bad english)

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 09:50 UTC

Remake the features of this site and add a push notification system. Follow the KISS philosophy regarding its features as closely as you can.

Also whatever you do with it at the end, make sure it uses serious encryption both to communicate and to store data, make sure it won't drain the battery and include a feature to restrict or disable its online functions while the device is on mobile internet and/or roaming.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 10:28 UTC

i think there must be a widget ...something fresh...because it will attract young people to community

Last edited by:  SOTIRIOS PETTAS (Asgardian)  on Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 10:28 UTC, Total number of edits: 1 time

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 12:34 UTC

1. Security Security should be made a top priority to prevent unauthorized access. I'd suggest a Certified Ethical Hacker and an EC-Council certified Secure Programmer be used in the development of the app. The system should balance the CIAA Spectrum ( confidentiality, integrity, authorization, availability ) based on the client/server model used.
  2. Social media A social media platform can help to stimulate interactions within the community. Allowing individuals to connect with like minded people based on interests, field of work, or location.
  3. Messaging System The messaging system should be tiered to accommodate different communication necessities. 3a. World Chat. A chat system that anyone can post or view. Restrictions should be placed on how often an individual can post ( eg. once every hour ) to minimize traffic and reduce trolling. A like/dislike system on posts can be used to adjust limits on post times, to reduce the amount of postings by trolls/trouble makers. 3b. Group Chat. A chat system that can allow users to create groups based on topics, field, region, etc. Engineers can have their own group, Philosophers can have their own group, Local regions can have their own group. 3c. Personal Chat. A chat system that can allow users to have one on one conversations.

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 15:43 UTC

Features Ideas:

- Curated feed from the forum (principal news/most interesting events).

- Ability to organize secure group/single chats with fellow Asgardians (ex. p2p Cryptography, Tox [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tox_(protocol) ] could be used as a base).

- Possibility to directly send a private or public (Ex. Open Letter) message to any member of the Goverment, if you are logged as a Citizen.

-- This being more like a Ticket system than a chat, for formality, usability and anti-abuse reasons.

- Possibility for any Minister to create news articles that, optionally, can trigger a notification.

- Open Source it (on github or bitbucket) so everyone with time and/or resources can help with its progress and check the code's sanity.

- When you are logged as a citizen possibility to use it as a digital ID.

Generic Notes:

- Feeds and informations accessible to everyone, chat and interactive functions open only to the Citizens.

- Use an European server for any interactive function and storage of data, mainly because of Privacy and Cryptography laws.

-- Sweden is a good candidate, or we could contact someone like the EFF, Mullvad or other privacy oriented organizations for an informed opinion on the subject.

- When the software is mature enough we could sell support and rebranding to organizations, like a lot of OS softwares do, to get money for its continuos development (and Asgardia in general).

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 16:15 UTC

As answer for the disscusion data, we could provide Our nearby location (example state or city) to a list, and then, when searching for asgardians, we could define if we want to be found or not in a simple checkbox, and then see where are the asgardians, because as far as I know direct meetings have really better results than internet conversations

Feb 2, 17 / Pis 05, 01 20:10 UTC

Looking to see in the app perhaps: navigational features on the starchart and with gps( yes I know there is apps like this allready) navigation on world land and sea. Good positioning systems. Radar gps? And off course forums on discussion with all the topics you can think off. News

Feb 3, 17 / Pis 06, 01 19:20 UTC

I'd like to have a forum with search-mode, a section for news, a system for easily interact with the specific Admin for volunteers, and a section for voting, if applicable.

I suggest end-to-end encryption like Signal, and no advertising (no spyware), safety is very important, due to sensitive data and risk of leakage from servers of Asgardia.

Also I suggest to allow the use of TOR Browser (PC) and Onion Browser (iOS) and Orbot (Android) to access the website, because many Nations are not freedom-friendly, so to say.

Feb 4, 17 / Pis 07, 01 13:11 UTC

One feature that could be integrated into the app is the utilisation of the Touch ID such as the latest iOS devices for those who wish to use this feature. Not mandatory for those who prefer not to use it.